FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore never closes

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TGJohnson
Encore never closes
on Jan 11, 2007 at 8:21:29 pm

Hello all,

So I've looked around the forum using different keywords and haven't found anyone talking about a problem that I have had with many copies of Encore on many different machines...

It never closes. Does this happen to anyone else? Every time I close Encore 2.0 on any type of computer it will appear to close, then I notice the machine lagging. I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del and close the process. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks
Travis Johnson

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Encore never closes
on Jan 12, 2007 at 12:32:51 pm

No, it should not happen, at least only very rarely after a crash at best.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

LowrySam
on Jan 18, 2007 at 5:38:34 pm

This will happen EVERY TIME with AVID Adrenaline systems and Encore 2.0. Can I assume that is what you are using?

Lowrysam

Return to posts index

TGJohnson
on Jan 18, 2007 at 7:56:38 pm

Actually, I'm on Xpress HD, but it also happens on my Premiere Pro system and two normal PCs. These are four different copies of Encore. I would think the problem might be caused by some other program that is always running on the computer, but the only common things on all the systems are windows and quicktime. It doesn't really cause any problems, I just have to control+alt+delete out of it every time. More of a nuisance than a problem.

Travis Johnson

Return to posts index

LowrySam
on Jan 19, 2007 at 7:37:13 pm

Well, Quicktime is actually the root of the problem on AVID Systems. There is a quicktime dll file that hangs it up. There is a workaround on the AVID site if you search for "AVID Encore" in the knowledge base.

As for Premiere and such, I don't get it. I have it installed on a Production Studio Pro system with no problems. Shuts down just fine.

Lowrysam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]