FORUMS: list search recent posts

Naming DVD created in Encore for Windows Media Player

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
VideoSandra
Naming DVD created in Encore for Windows Media Player
on Jan 10, 2007 at 3:04:54 pm

Hello Everyone!

I have a question regarding the DVD and Chapter Names for display in Windows Media Player. I have created dvds, and in the end of the build process, I'll name my DVD, let's say "DVD 1" for this example. Everything works great with the final burn, and when I click on the "My Computer" icon on my computer, I see that "DVD 1" is in my drive. I then open the DVD with Windows Media Player, and it says "Unknown DVD" and all of the chapters are "Title 1, 2, etc..."

Now, when I put in a movie, Windows Media Player says the name of the movie and displays the actual chapters names of the movie, for example "American Beauty" instead of "Unknown DVD" and "Chapter 1, Meet the Family", for instance.

Is there a way that I can name these so that Windows Media Player can show them as well? Or, do you have any suggestions or other references that I can go to? I name the DVD and all of the chapters while I am creating....

Thanks so much in advance!

Sandra Miller
sandra@findyourwhy.com

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Naming DVD created in Encore for Windows Media Player
on Jan 10, 2007 at 3:30:03 pm

This information is not embedded in the DVD disc- is in a database that is maintained by Microsoft which they match to a disc ID number. There is no way to add the information you want in a DVD authoring program. Sorry.

Return to posts index

VideoSandra
on Jan 10, 2007 at 3:33:05 pm

Thanks for getting back to me! Do you happen to know how I can get my DVDs in that database and get it a disc ID number?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jan 10, 2007 at 3:48:50 pm

I really don't know the answer to that question.

I believe you would have to replicate your DVD title, meaning author it to DLT and deliver it to a DVD replication house, have them create a glass master and stamp out a run of discs- that would likely be the first step.

After that, I would expect contacting someone at Microsoft and exchanging the information that you want for the DVD title.

Return to posts index

VideoSandra
on Jan 10, 2007 at 4:02:28 pm

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is DLT? I actually work at a place that replicates DVDs and CDs. I usually just give them a master on a regular DVD.

Return to posts index

Frippy
on Jan 10, 2007 at 3:57:41 pm

IMHO you can set your DISK and CHAPTERs names and save to M$ database
Then, when your disk will be dublicated, all your customers can see your info.

Return to posts index

VideoSandra
on Jan 10, 2007 at 4:03:49 pm

What is IMHO and how do I save this to the Microsoft database?

Return to posts index

Frippy
on Jan 13, 2007 at 6:19:54 pm

[VideoSandra] "What is IMHO"
"In My Humble Mind"

[VideoSandra] "how do I save this to the Microsoft database"

When i press button "UPDATE Info" Windows media player say "all your changes about naming will be rewritten"
Then, imho, possible to rename Disk and Titles

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]