FORUMS: list search recent posts

Chapters and playlists

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Rich
Chapters and playlists
on Jan 8, 2007 at 2:48:52 pm

From the previous threads, I get the idea that the best way to make a simple DVD with Play All and Scene Select buttons is to put all the material into one time line for the play all. Then to put each chapter of that timeline into a separate chapter playlist ( with one chapter in each playlist) and use each chapter playlist for a separate scene in the scene select menu. Am I missing anything there?

Also, I was wondering what a good workflow for creating all the playlists would be.Thanks,
John Rich

JOHNR

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Chapters and playlists
on Jan 8, 2007 at 3:40:26 pm

Things to consider:

1. More than 19 chapters in a single playlist may trigger an Encore bug.
2. If the program has natural breaks between chapters (like a fade out of audio and video), then you can save yourself a lot of time by reversing the method you've outlined. Give each chapter an end action in the timeline to return to the menu, and use a single chapter playlist for a Play All function. The tiny pauses that occur between chapters during the playback of the chapter playlist will be covered by the natural break between chapters in the program. Only resort to chapter playlists with single chapters if the chapter breaks occur during dialog/music and playback must be seamless.

As for workflow, I would rename each chapter playlist after you create it. Encore does not increment the names for you, and duplicate names are allowed in the Project panel.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Jan 9, 2007 at 2:16:41 pm

Jeff,
Thanks for your help. This may sound "picky", but is it necessary to put all your chapters into a playlist for the play all button, or can you just use the timeline with the chapter markers on it for the "play all."

John Rich

JOHNR

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jan 9, 2007 at 3:16:26 pm

Just use the timeline, if you don't have chapter end actions set.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]