FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore Coming to Mac -- Things I Don't Like About DVD Studio Pro

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scot Walker
Encore Coming to Mac -- Things I Don't Like About DVD Studio Pro
on Jan 5, 2007 at 3:45:25 pm

Hello,

I have done a few projects with Apple's DVD Studio Pro on a Mac (obviously). This program isn't as intuitive as I would like. Adobe recently announced that their video suite is coming to the Mac. This makes me wonder if I should switch.

One of the things that is glaring about DVD SP is that you can't select multiple tracks and assign the same End Jump to all of them with one action. I found this amazingly bad. I have a project with around 20 tracks and I had to select each of them and then go through the branching pop-up menu and select the End Jump manually, for every single one.

How does Encore handle this?

One thing I wish DVD SP had was something like a palette with your Menus and Tracks and Buttons all displayed graphically and then you could select a track(s) or button(s) and then just click on those Menus/Tracks/Buttons versus going through the branching menu that can get convoluted. This is how key words are assigned in photo management applications like iPhoto, for example.

Apple typically makes really intuitive software and I'm shocked at how bad DVD SP is in this one regard. DVD SP might have a list of powerful features, but I'm finding the basics are short on productivity.

Any thoughts, experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Encore Coming to Mac -- Things I Don't Like About DVD Studio Pro
on Jan 5, 2007 at 7:41:06 pm

Hello Scot - I remember you from the LiveMotion user forum in the good old days.

Tracks are called timelines in Encore, and in Encore you could select all 20 of them and apply a single end action (same as DVDSP end jump) in the timeline properties - all in one action. Encore offers a variety of ways of working in your project: in a sortable spreadsheet-type of mode, drag and drop among different windows, or in a Flowchart.

If you have a PC with WinXP, you can get a feel for Encore by downloading and installing the tryout.

Best regards,
Joe

Return to posts index

Scot Walker
Re: Encore Coming to Mac -- Things I Don't Like About DVD Studio Pro
on Jan 5, 2007 at 8:36:06 pm

Hey, Joe. I'm still waiting for LiveMotion 3! :)

Encore sounds great. That would have been a big time saver for me on my last project!

Thanks for the info.

Scot

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]