FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unwanted Pause between motion and menu

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
getintanked
Unwanted Pause between motion and menu
on Dec 31, 2006 at 2:45:29 am

I've been doing alot of searching and havn't found anything that fits what my problem is... close, but nothing exact.

I have the DVD to start off to play a timeline which is a rendered 15 second video that forms into the menu ... so the last frames are the menu. Then i have the timelines end action to go to the menu. But it leaves a second pause of a black screen inbtween the timeline and the menu... which renderes the entire motion usesless :(

Is there a way with Encore 2.0 to make a seamless transition of a motion menu that the final frame be the menu without that annoying pause?
And/or is there software that incorporates the endless posabilities that Adobe's cross-application has.
Or is this the end all be all DVD software?

(after effects 7.0 is used - if that means anything or helps in anyway...)

Thanks!
-matt

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Unwanted Pause between motion and menu
on Dec 31, 2006 at 9:14:10 am

There is no such thing as perfect seamlessness with DVD (video). Even if it looks perfect on the computer, it may not work on standalone players. You are simply approaching this the wrong way. If you want to stick with your current setup, make sure your menu-transition coincides with an I-frame of a GOP (12 frames). That's the only way to be sure - there will still be a slight delay, but it will show the last valid frame instead of black. To make it even better, simply leave the transition and the menu as one clip. have this play once completely, then use the end action to define the loop point where it shal jump back to your menu (which can be any placce you like).

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

getintanked
on Dec 31, 2006 at 5:38:48 pm

"then use the end action to define the loop point where it shal jump back to your menu"

Can you explain this a little more?

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Jan 1, 2007 at 6:35:20 am

here is a video tut showing you how all this works (http://www.absolutevideosolutions.com/videosamples/AEmenutut.wmv)

Return to posts index

getintanked
on Jan 1, 2007 at 9:29:08 am

Excellent!
That video is super specific, I learned everythig I need to know!

Thanks everyone!
-matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]