FORUMS: list search recent posts

different menus, continuous background music?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marcbrak
different menus, continuous background music?
on Dec 19, 2006 at 7:05:27 pm

Hi there,

i am doing a concert dvd for a band. The dvd has different menus (song selection, member bios, etc) and a background tune.

Problem is, i want the tune to continue playing while browsing the menus. But it seems i cannot set an independent audio track.

So, everytime you select another menu, the music starts playing again from the start.

Can this be fixed?

Return to posts index

marcbrak
Re: different menus, continuous background music?
on Dec 19, 2006 at 7:06:56 pm

By the way, forgot to mention, I'm using Encore 1.5

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Dec 19, 2006 at 7:10:19 pm

Sorry.. it can't be done.... this is part of the DVD spec and not limitations of the DVD authoring software

Return to posts index

marcbrak
on Dec 19, 2006 at 8:53:16 pm

Hmm, ok. Not exactly the answer i was hoping for, but there you go :)

Return to posts index

Neil Wilkes
on Dec 21, 2006 at 7:03:23 pm

Please remember that DVD-Video is Video dominant, Audio Subservient.
This essentially means that the Audio is tied to the visual and not vice-versa.
In Short, change the visual screen (Movie or menu) and the Audio must change too.

Return to posts index

marcbrak
on Dec 23, 2006 at 9:28:35 am

Wouldn't it perhaps be possible to load a new visual layer containing the other menu over the one containing the background audio? perhaps even by using apha to make it "appear" ?

It could be a state of a button. But then, can a button contain a button? Encore DVD is no Flash of course...

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Dec 26, 2006 at 10:11:32 am

[marcbrak] "Wouldn't it perhaps be possible to load a new visual layer containing the other menu over the one containing the background audio? perhaps even by using apha to make it "appear" ?"

No that's not feasible. If it were a normal timeline, you simply could have it play continuously and jump to the chapter markers, but this doesn't work with menus. You can however have multiple menu subpictures and change their button assignments (but not change the bg), but in your case it's not going to do you any good - this requires massive parameter programming which is not available. So whichever way you twist and turn it - you are screwed and can't carry thru your idea. Just fade the audio on and off and build individual menus. Not perfect, but even the big pop stars have to do their concert DVDs this way so you're in good company.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Robert Molnar
on Feb 2, 2008 at 12:32:39 pm

Hi,

I know that there IS a way to do it. I'll give you an example,
Last year Artbeats sent me an presentation DVD, and there was a continous music in background while I was jumping from one menu to another. Also saw a movie with this kind of menu. So guys there is a way to do it, just need to figure it out HOW??? Maybe we should ask Artbeats how did they do it? :)

Return to posts index

Robert Molnar
on Feb 2, 2008 at 12:34:48 pm

Hi,

I know that there IS a way to do it. I'll give you an example,
Last year Artbeats sent me an presentation DVD, and there was a continous music in background while I was jumping from one menu to another. Also saw a movie with this kind of menu. So guys there is a way to do it, just need to figure it out HOW??? Maybe we should ask Artbeats how did they do it? :)

Robert

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]