FORUMS: list search recent posts

encore subtitle too complex

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dragi Vujacic
encore subtitle too complex
on Dec 18, 2006 at 10:24:30 pm

Well. After finishing everything and subtitling the movie one hour and twenty minutes long I tryed to export it to dvd. After a some proces of transcoding it stoped showing this mesage - The subtitle or menu subpictures are too complex to be encoded? So I am stucked with it. Enyone can help?

Return to posts index

mike velte
Re: encore subtitle too complex
on Dec 19, 2006 at 6:34:17 pm

Make sure you have no subpictures (buttons) overlapping on your menus.

Return to posts index

Dragi Vujacic
on Dec 20, 2006 at 2:04:19 pm

definetly not

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Dec 20, 2006 at 2:38:29 pm

Have you got any subtitles?

Return to posts index

Dragi Vujacic
on Dec 20, 2006 at 3:30:55 pm

I created subtitles for a one-hour and a 20 min long movie (I typed it on a screen all on one subtitles layer). It all looks fine at preview. I arrange their position and length. Make them Arial font and so. Now each time when I tried to build a DVD (to disc or to folder) It starts transcoding audio - first, than subtitles, and after a while bumped on me with - CREATING SUBTITLES FAILED ... The SUBTITLE OR MENU SUBPISTURE IS E TO COMPLEX TO BE ENCODED!? I did not create any meny since I like this movie, to start immediately if it s' corect.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Dec 20, 2006 at 4:16:14 pm

Try using fewer characters per subtitle- split them up if necessary- and see if that helps.

Return to posts index

Dragi Vujacic
on Dec 20, 2006 at 6:50:37 pm

Sommeone adviced me to export subtitles in some known forma and then to import it again - like - it might help, but I have no idea how to export subtitles from Encore.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Dec 20, 2006 at 8:09:31 pm

Encore cannot export subtitles (except via burning to DVD).

Return to posts index

Dragi Vujacic
on Dec 20, 2006 at 9:09:03 pm

So if I burn it to DVD folder, for what file should I looking for and what to do with it. Can I be able to import this in to , for example, Subtitle workshop?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Dec 20, 2006 at 9:21:56 pm

You could strip the streams out with DVD Decrypter or another app, but I believe the subtitles are a bitmap stream (you wouldn't be able to edit them), but I am not positive of that.

Return to posts index

Dragi Vujacic
on Dec 20, 2006 at 9:58:17 pm

Thanks Joe. I'll try to rip it with a Subrip. Hope it 'll help.

Return to posts index

Dragi Vujacic
on Dec 21, 2006 at 7:20:38 pm

I put the same question on other forums as well and get a lot of simmilar questions instead of answers. After two days of trying everything I tryed to erase half of a subtitles in a time line and it works ! Never mind wrom which side I erase it and that tels me that Encore is not capable to handle just one simple subtitle on a large movies iven done in Arial font. It is a sead truth which is going to cost me another days of reworking project and learning in some other DVD workaround. I work in Adobe aplication for years and I owe Adobe production studio 2 but it seems that Encore is just nice try and nothing else.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Dec 21, 2006 at 7:44:03 pm

DVD-Video does have limitations on subtitle track frames- they must be 1440 bytes or smaller. It sounds like Encore was tripping up over an error such as this.

Return to posts index

Dragi Vujacic
on Dec 21, 2006 at 9:07:28 pm

Does it mean that my sentences are too long or too close or...What you suggest me to do if that is a case?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Dec 21, 2006 at 10:05:16 pm

That's why I suggested to simplify your subtitles- break them up into more subtitle clips if you have lots of text per subtitle clip.

It's really hard to tell exactly how to fix it, but try to keep the number of characters down, say no more than two lines that are half the width of the screen. Don't use smaller fonts- use more small clips to do it.

Return to posts index

Dragi Vujacic
on Dec 21, 2006 at 10:23:52 pm

Joe!!
I didn't use two lines at all. My biggest one line contains up to eight words or about 35 characters. Should I make it two lines - is it better - to keep in a geometrically tighter form? Sometimes my text line goes up to the safe title area? Although I tried no to exceed it do you think it could be the problem?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Dec 22, 2006 at 3:24:44 pm

Possibly- simplify wherever possible.

Also, you may want to look at one of the subtitle generating apps such as Lemony or Subtitle Workshop, and then import a subtitle script into Encore.

Return to posts index

Dragi Vujacic
on Dec 22, 2006 at 6:36:31 pm

I rearange whole script agan in Encore Simplifying lines and make it two. This time it works. First time you sugested me to simplify subtitle I did it but didn't make it in two lines - didn't know that this thing (to be geometricaly in nerow margins) is so important. Thank you for your effort. Now i burned first copu and gues what? I can not make a copy of it in Nero allthough I alow this in build dvd options but I will find a way to solwe it. Anyway.
IT WORKS!!- THANKS JOE.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Dec 22, 2006 at 8:10:35 pm

You're welcome, Dragi- I'm glad you were able to get it to work.

Try exporting a DVD image from Encore- Nero should be able to burn that as an image with no problem- check their help for how to burn from an image file.

Return to posts index

Annietron
on Dec 28, 2006 at 6:48:18 am

subtitle thread!! Great!!

My question is.....can I make encore ignore subtitle overlaps?

What can i do?! The subtitle problem is all that is left in my project

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]