FORUMS: list search recent posts

Burned DVD slideshow pictures are all black

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chrisamey
Burned DVD slideshow pictures are all black
on Dec 12, 2006 at 8:54:46 pm

Hi i was wondering if someone might be able to help me, here is my problem (very frustrating):

I have been trying to produce a picture and video DVD on Encore v2.0 for my girlfriend for a Christmas present.

This is what it consists of:

Multiple slideshows some of around 80 pictures (with subtitles)

About 25 timelines - video not of great length or quality, maybe 40mb and 3minutes max with sound (taken with digital camera)

A number of thumbnail pages where the user can select the picture and it comes up big on screen (thumbnails linked to a slideshow on manual advance)

Various menus linking all the above.

Total disc size about 1.9Gb

The DVD "previews" perfectly and there are no

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Burned DVD slideshow pictures are all black
on Dec 12, 2006 at 9:56:34 pm

What's the dimensions of the images?

Return to posts index

chrisamey
on Dec 12, 2006 at 10:14:39 pm

Images are 2816 x 2112 pixels, mixture of landscape and portrait. A while back when i first started the project I did do a trial burn with pictures/slide shows/ videos present and this worked fine, i have not tried one for a while after the first success I did not see the need - mistake!!

Thanks for your help

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Dec 12, 2006 at 10:30:26 pm

Those aren't too big (I remember a 12 megapixel issue, which doesn't apply here).

Try this: go to Edit > Preferences > Audio/Video Out and click the Clean button for Media Cache Database. Close the project, then reopen it and try building again. Does that clear it up?

Return to posts index

chrisamey
on Dec 12, 2006 at 11:13:08 pm

Tried your suggestion - no good unfortunally, i fear it might be a big problem or a small one that can not be solved!!!

Just in case - If i decide i have to start from scratch, is there a way that i can import the menus one by one into a new project? - hopefully i wouldnt have to do this.

Thanks again

Chris

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Dec 12, 2006 at 11:17:38 pm

Try the Delete button instead, then quit and relaunch Encore. Does that fix it?

If not, you should be able to import all your menus from the other project (they're located in project folderSourcesMenus).

Also, maybe tell a bit more about the slideshow.

Return to posts index

chrisamey
on Dec 13, 2006 at 8:29:58 pm

Thanks again for your help joe,

I tried deleting the cache, but again no luck!

So i dont provide lots of useless information what further info would you like to know about the slide shows?

cheers
Chris

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Dec 13, 2006 at 10:59:43 pm

Are there any transitions, music, etc.?

Return to posts index

chrisamey
on Dec 13, 2006 at 11:29:34 pm

No, they are just bog standard slide shows, no transitions, music or anything else flashy, only some subtitles taken from the image description. Maximum of about 85 pictures per show most shows about 30. There is nothing flashy in the rest of the project either.
Thanks

Return to posts index

chrisamey
on Dec 14, 2006 at 12:00:24 am

Just been playing around again - the subtitles still appear aganist the black screen, every now and then the is a picture that shows, but this seems to be random each time.

Cheers for your input

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Dec 14, 2006 at 10:57:02 pm

It's a head-scratcher, all right...

If you disable the subtitles in the Slideshow properties, does the problem still occur?

Return to posts index

chrisamey
on Dec 14, 2006 at 11:27:18 pm

Nope the problem is not there!! could there be some kind of interfearance from something else my computer, sometimes virus checkers have problems with programs?

I might have to build it with timelines instead as there seems to be no problem with these, is there any way of puting subtitles on time lines. Also how can i link to a chapter in a time line and automatically pasue it.

At the moment i am loosing the will to live.

Cheers Joe

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Dec 15, 2006 at 12:15:01 am

I can't think of anything that might be causing it to happen (not that there is not a cause for it).

You can do some of this with timelines, but if it must have subtitles, it's going to be a lot of work (each subtitle will have to be typed in manually). There's no manual advance on timelines, so you'd have to lose that as well if you decide to go that route.

Is the need for subtitles more important than getting an otherwise working DVD out as soon as possible? Sounds as if that's a question you need to consider.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]