FORUMS: list search recent posts

burning dual layer

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
emil michel cioran
burning dual layer
on Dec 11, 2006 at 5:54:11 am

hello,

i first burn with nero my project done with encoreDVD 1.51, with a verbatim dvd-r dl. the dvd was working perfectly on my jvc (xv-n50) but was not functionnal in a panasonic (dvd-s27) and a cambridge audio (dvd55), some button don't work, and player freeze or go elsewhere in the dvd, especially link into a chapter on a timeline. i redo (it was impossible to open the 1.51 project, i don't why) it with encoredvd 2.0 and i did the same thing (burn with nero, and a verbatim dvd-r dl). i got the same result (works perfectly in my jvc but menu freeze with the cambridge audio and the jvc).

i took the video_ts folder on my computer and puted in into dvd-shrink, to do a one layer dvd, it work's well. (even if there is around 25 menu and a lot of time line. no principal timeline, very "interactive", it gave 32 vob files..)

then, i reed and reed, here's what i understand:
- it's better to burn the dvd directly with encoreDVD (because of the breaking point probably), and encore is compatible with +r dl only.

- with writable dvdr, layers seems to be thinner than original dl, so people said on some forum that a maximum of 7mb/s sould be permit.

so i guest that burning a dvd+r at 7mb/s max should works. i will try that tomorow.

but here is my question:

this dvd project is for printing, and 7mb/s max is not ideal for distribution.
so, because the dual layer video_ts folder generated by encore works (prooved by shrinking into a single layer dvd), i guest i could give this folder, or a .img, to the printing shop and their printed dvd should works perfectly? (because layer will not be thinner)

thanks a lot for reading (and for a possible answer), english is not my native language as you could have realize.

regards,
marc-antoine

vive le qu

Return to posts index

Frippy
Re: burning dual layer
on Dec 12, 2006 at 12:25:45 pm

Hi

/* i first burn with nero my project done with encoreDVD 1.51, with a verbatim dvd-r dl. the dvd was working perfectly on my jvc (xv-n50) but was not functionnal in a panasonic (dvd-s27) and a cambridge audio (dvd55), some button don't work */

NERO can not burn playable DVD+/-R DL disks!
Nero do not check layer break position and try to record DL disk as 50/50.
DO NOT USE NERO to burn DVD-VIDEO DL disks!!!!!!!!
A don't know how old your DVD-players, but i know 100% what need to burn 100% playble DVD+R DL, bring it to plant and get 100% work DVDs:
1. Create VIDEO_TS folder with files. Calculate MPEG2 stream from film length/menus/etc.
2. Download ImgBurn software
3. See recorders list that support book-type changing (i use NEC 3551)
4. Set book-type to DVD-ROM for DVD+R DL disks
5. Open VIDEO_TS folder, Imgburn promt you where need to place LayerBreak, or calculate optimal.
6. Write disk at 2x or 4x
7. Insert to any dvd player and be happy :)

/* this dvd project is for printing, and 7mb/s max is not ideal for distribution. */

calculate it!

/* so, because the dual layer video_ts folder generated by encore works (prooved by shrinking into a single layer dvd), i guest i could give this folder, or a .img, to the printing shop and their printed dvd should works perfectly? (because layer will not be thinner)
*/

50/50. plants can not set layerbreak in images. you must:
1. DVD+/-R DL disk
2. PlantDirect files (can be generated from GEAR7, Sonic Rom Formatter, Sonic Scenarist)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]