I hope that someone out there can help as this problem is driving us crazy. We cannot 'Preview Project' on Encore 2.0. When we select it, the Preview window opens up and the main menu comes up with its buttons. When we press a button, the first frame of the video shows and freezes, then the picture goes black for a few seconds and then it returns to main menu. When we build project and burn a DVD, it burns just fine and works just fine in a DVD Player.
Our situation is as follows,
- we have Encore 1 and have installed the upgrade to Encore 2 over it. Encore 1 still works just fine and Previews Projects perfectly.
- I do not believe that the problem is with codecs etc. as the video/audio can be played back in the Monitor window just fine
- we have tried checking and un-checking the Video Playback - Automatic box in the Audio/Video Out preferences menu.
- the project in Encore 2 was rebuilt using the same assets (import as assets) as those in Encore 1 but it was rebuilt because we thought that it might be possible that Encore 2 was not importing Encore 1 projects perfectly
- system is pretty chunky - 14 Gb free on C drive, 82 Gb free on other media drive, 1 Gb RAM, 3.4 GHz Pentium 4.