FORUMS: list search recent posts

button w/ video as subpicture??

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Koekje
button w/ video as subpicture??
on Dec 5, 2006 at 11:57:16 am

Hello,
I'm making a DVD menu in photoshop, and I want to use stills when the button is not selected, and let the video play when the button is selected.
I know I can't place the video as an highlight... at least I can't figure out how..
Anybody?
Thanks, Marianne

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: button w/ video as subpicture??
on Dec 5, 2006 at 5:10:13 pm

It's not possible to have video as a subpicture in DVD-Video. Subpictures are 2-bit graphic overlays.

What you can do is create a separate menu for each button with video, then use auto-activate on the button to switch to the next menu. This won't work in a software DVD player being driven by a mouse unless the user clicks the button, but it should work on a set top player. Also, due to the nature of the work required, this will turn into a lot of work if you have more than a few buttons.

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Dec 5, 2006 at 5:41:47 pm

I recorded a tut on this effect sometime ago... just adapt things to your needs... hope this helps

(http://asvideoproductions.com/doogs/advanced%20Tuts/tut%2009-full%20colour%20subpictures.ZIP)

Return to posts index

Frippy
on Dec 6, 2006 at 5:08:17 am

you must create all menus in Abobe AefterEffects (or any other compositing software), then you must create menus from videos and use auto-action buttons.....

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Dec 6, 2006 at 6:12:48 am

Fascinating...

Do you read the previous replies?

Return to posts index

Frippy
on Dec 6, 2006 at 11:55:20 am

Excuse, there was no time. Has answered and was urgently necessary to escape:)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]