FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore 2.0 chapter hesitation

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kidcapri73
Encore 2.0 chapter hesitation
on Dec 4, 2006 at 4:50:19 am

Hello,
I'm making a 2 hour dvd with Encore 2.0. I've used the automatic chapter creation at 5 minute intervals. The video is to playback form beginning to end and then return to the startup menu. None of the chapters (except the first) is linked to any buttons. It plays ok, except for a slight hesitation (about half a second) as the video transitions from one chapter to the next. How do I avoid this happening?

Thanks,
Luis

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Encore 2.0 chapter hesitation
on Dec 4, 2006 at 8:57:23 am

Do you have chapter end actions set? If so, delete them. It doesn't sound like you need chapter end actions for your disc navigation.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

kidcapri73
on Dec 4, 2006 at 3:52:37 pm

Hi Jeff,
Yes, I have chapter end actions linking to the next chapter. I thought I had made one without the end actions (or maybe the default setting) and it kept returning to the menu after each chapter. I'll give it another try deleting the end action. I know that if I do this, when I do a check on the project it will give me a bunch of errors. Do I just ignore them?

Luis

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Dec 4, 2006 at 4:03:05 pm

You don't need chapter end actions to play the next chapter...that's what's causing the hesitation. Clear the chapter end actions and you'll be fine.

If you want to also allow the user to watch a chapter then return to the last menu, then create a chapter playlist for each chapter whose end action is 'Return to Last Menu'.

Return to posts index

kidcapri73
on Dec 5, 2006 at 5:44:19 am

Thanks for the input, guys. Deleting the end action solved the problem. Interestingly enough, the DVD that had the hesitation will playback okay in some DVD players but not in others.

I find Encore fairly easy to work with. I know there is much debate over the "best" DVD authoring program, but what would you consider the strong and weak points of using Encore as compared to other programs.

Thanks,
Luis

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]