FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore error!!!!!!!! Please help!!!!!!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nomar25
Encore error!!!!!!!! Please help!!!!!!
on Dec 1, 2006 at 3:27:31 am

Help,

I keep getting this message when I try to build my DVD image, folder, or burn to disc. It goes through the whole preparing process and then stops with the
"internal software error: .VobulatorTitlePlannerCVOBUPlanner.cpp, line 331".

Encore really sucks!!!!!!!! and I've had this problem many times but with different error messages. This only happens whenever I update the DVD with new video assets and update menu changes. I've never gotten this message before though. I'm afraid I will have to build the whole DVD again from scratch. That's what I did before and it worked fine, but took forever. Why is it that everytime I update this complicated DVD, some kind of error message always happens and prevents me from burning. #*#%*##*! This gets me really upset and I even missed a deadline. Thanks Encore for being so intuitive and reliable for my many DVD needs.

ANY HELP OUT THERE?

Return to posts index

Nomar25
Re: Encore error!!!!!!!! Please help!!!!!!
on Dec 1, 2006 at 3:29:10 am

And yes, I am using 2.0 and have plenty of hard drive space available with a beefy processor.

Return to posts index

Nomar25
on Dec 1, 2006 at 3:41:43 am

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the error message comes up during the build process when it says "Planning navigation for movie." Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

Gene Colburn
on Dec 1, 2006 at 3:51:28 am

Ok since this seems to be repeatable for your projects when you change assets, check windows explorer file options under tools, file types, and make sure windows explorer is not hiding known file types. This will drive some applications nuts. Trust me this is not an Encore problem. Not to say there could not be something else, but give it a try.

Return to posts index

Nomar25
on Dec 1, 2006 at 4:07:57 am

don't get it. my explorer is not hiding files from me. please embellish on this.

Return to posts index

Gene Colburn
on Dec 1, 2006 at 4:38:38 am

Windows by default has some files hidden in explorer as protected files. You have to go in and manually change this under folder options. If you have done so already this would not be your problem. The fact that you are getting the vobulator error followed by .cpp extension leads me to believe this could be an issue. Maybe not. I just thought it might be worth a shot.

Return to posts index

Nomar25
on Dec 1, 2006 at 4:44:44 am

Thanks, but I checked and have my folder options as show hidden files and folders checked.

Return to posts index

Gene Colburn
on Dec 1, 2006 at 1:45:37 pm

Is it possible that maybe you have moved asset files from the project into a folder Encore does not recognize? such as a removable. I know Encore and other apps as well, have problems finding assets that are not exactly loaded according to original project settings. How are you changing assets?

Return to posts index

Nomar25
on Dec 1, 2006 at 5:49:07 pm

I actually only ended up keeping 3 of the old assets and threw away all the other 15 or so. I also deleted the old folders of those old assets that were in the sources folder that go along with them. So I basically "imported as a timeline" the new 15 other assets so Encore can create new folders for these. I also added a couple more buttons to the menus and changed some menu text around. That's it. What gives?

Return to posts index

Gene Colburn
on Dec 2, 2006 at 4:17:26 am

Hi Nomar
I dunno what is happening, but the correct way to delete assets would be to replace assets from within Encore. Don't delete folders until your project is complete. Encore, Premiere and other apps will save settings info as temp within folders that you might think are not needed. It might be possible to restore from recycle bin and retreive, but is most likely another can of worms. Wish I had something better to offer. Maybe someone else has.

Return to posts index

lauriebee
on Dec 18, 2006 at 8:26:29 pm

I had this problem and it was dure to isses with my chapter breaks. I had to delete all the chapters and redo them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]