FORUMS: list search recent posts

Poster Frames... can't change

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Chenier
Poster Frames... can't change
on Nov 30, 2006 at 11:55:49 am

I've searched through the forums to see if this has been asked and answered and I couldn't find anything. I have a client who wants the DVD menu of their 6 video DVD (6 different timelines) to be thumbnails, not a list. I used a submenu template from Encore and link each timeline to the various buttons with photos and for some reason Encore (1.5) uses a frame about 3 seconds into the timeline as the poster frame. I have tried to assign the poster frame to another point in the timeline (another chapter point) with no luck. In fact, the thumbnail it seems to use isn't even a chapter point!

What am I doing wrong?

Justin
http://www.beyondtimemedia.com

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Poster Frames... can't change
on Nov 30, 2006 at 12:35:34 pm

You can't assign a poster frame from a different chapter than the one that is the target of the button's link. You would have to composite the image you want in the button graphic in Photoshop or After Effects.

If the first frame of the timeline isn't "bright" enough, then Encore will search for the first bright frame after the chapter point. This works in 2.0; I don't know if that feature was implemented in 1.5.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Justin Chenier
on Nov 30, 2006 at 3:05:17 pm

How do I assign a jpg as the frame in the thumbnail of the menu?

Justin

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Nov 30, 2006 at 3:42:29 pm

Actually, a poster frame for a chapter can be anywhere in the same timeline...it's not limited to the chapter itself.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Nov 30, 2006 at 3:45:36 pm

As usual, Joe is correct. :-)

I was thinking video thumbnail buttons and the fact that you can't display video from a different chapter.

Sorry for the confusion.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Justin Chenier
on Nov 30, 2006 at 8:43:52 pm

Please, someone explain how I use the poster frame for my thumbnail from a different point in my timeline than where it is.

Anyone?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Nov 30, 2006 at 8:58:11 pm

Move the CTI to the frame you want. Right-click the head of the CTI and choose Set Poster Frame.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Gene Colburn
on Dec 1, 2006 at 3:37:55 am

Justin
One thing that is not clear, is that for each timeline you want to change, you need to click on the chapter 1 timeline pointer to highlight it. It needs to be highlight red before you can set a new poster frames. This drove me nuts.

Return to posts index

seminewbie
on Dec 11, 2006 at 1:34:16 am

You're right there. It took me 2 sessions to figure out I needed to highlight the chapter 1 marker........

Less Hair....More Ulcers

Dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]