FORUMS: list search recent posts

Updating a project with new files

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Strelitz
Updating a project with new files
on Nov 29, 2006 at 12:29:56 pm

In Encore 2: I have a project that has 16 PSD's as menus and 15 video clips imported as m2v and wav. This project is now undergoing being reworked.
Is there a way, perhaps by removing some of the files in the sources folder to force the new files to be seen and updated. I realise that the timelines that are shorter are going to need to be re-imported but the PSD's just dont get updated without deleting and removing

Thanks

David

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Updating a project with new files
on Nov 29, 2006 at 3:43:12 pm

Encore 2.0 provides the way to solve both problems: replace menu and replace asset.

Return to posts index

David Strelitz
on Nov 29, 2006 at 6:11:14 pm

Joe, these options are greyed out on PSD's and you cannot replace a m2v asset with one of the same name. Am I missing something?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Nov 29, 2006 at 6:54:25 pm

You should be able to replace a menu without issue. Open the menu you want to replace, then choose Menu > Replace Menu.

Rename your new M2V files and you can use them to replace the existing M2V files in the project.

Return to posts index

David Strelitz
on Nov 29, 2006 at 10:30:02 pm

Thanks for the advice on this - I had to do the psd's manually as the buttons had been added from within Encore to the supplied artwork backgrounds(which had no buttons) as such Encore would not replace the files. Job done...eventually.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Nov 29, 2006 at 10:52:03 pm

Glad to hear you got it done. In future, if it is just a background, you can have import it into Encore's Library, and then replace the background.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]