FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore 2.0 - Menue transitions behave incorrectly

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
menonerd
Encore 2.0 - Menue transitions behave incorrectly
on Nov 29, 2006 at 11:37:13 am

I have yet another problem with menue transitions in encore 2.0. i basically have a "zoom-in" menue where the camera flies towards the selected menue item. these flights are set up as transitions and have a length of 0:10 to 1:10 secs.

now, most of these transitions (6 of 9) work correctly but three of them behave weird. one of them keeps looping when i select the related menue, but it wont enter it. the other two play twice, going back to the originating menue after the first time and doing the right thing on the second approach.

the button / transition setup does not differ from the ones working correctly. However, when I swap the asset with one from a different (properly working) transition it works. I do not use any overrides throughout the entire project (not yet, that is...). The transitions are already encoded in mpg format from after effects 7 pro and have bitrates between 8.5 to 11 Mbit/s.

any help is appreceated!

regards, m.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Encore 2.0 - Menue transitions behave incorrectly
on Nov 29, 2006 at 3:41:54 pm

FYI: the maximum bit rate for video on a DVD is 9.8 MBps, so you'll want to re-encode any MPEG-2 files with video bit rates higher than that. Also, if you are burning a recordable DVD, conventional wisdom is anything over 7 MBps can cause player problems, depending on the player. Keep both those points in mind, but the first point is most important.

Now- your button transitions should be at least 1/2 second long (the minimum size for an MPEG-2 GOP). Anything less may cause trouble.

Hopefully, this will solve your problem.

Return to posts index

menonerd
Re: Encore 2.0 - Menue transitions behave incorrectly
on Nov 30, 2006 at 11:08:31 am

thanks for your help!

i have re-rendered all sequences and it did the trick for most of the above problems. Still there is one transition which wont work though - it still keeps looping on and on! i have tried various different renders of this specific file (changing overall length, bitrate, GOP specs, etc) but not a chance.

the transition does work if i swap the asset with one used for another transition - this does not work for all assets though: some will loop when used with this specific button even if they dont when i use them on a different button (i.e. i take a functioning transition asset and use it with the problematic button).

this is seriously driving me nuts.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]