FORUMS: list search recent posts

If Encore can't do it, what software can?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
R. D. Hamilton
If Encore can't do it, what software can?
on Nov 28, 2006 at 10:09:09 pm

I have a client that is wanting an interactive quiz at the end of a DVD that generates random questions. He gave me a DVD where he got the idea from. There is a quiz that has random questions and has a progress bar at the side of the screen that tells you how many you have gotten right. (although it is quite primitive because you have to start all over again as soon as you get a question wrong - but the questions are different each time you start the quiz.)

I understand that there is no way to generate random menus in encore, but there has to be some other software that is capable of doing this. Does anyone know what this might be? Has anyone had any experience in authoring an interactive, random quiz?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Gene Colburn
Re: If Encore can't do it, what software can?
on Nov 29, 2006 at 5:13:24 am

This could only work in a PC environment, as how would you answer the questions from a dumb set top player remote? There could be some scripted lines of code however that could be implemented on a PC DVD. Not an authoring issue for Encore or any authoring software however.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Nov 29, 2006 at 3:37:43 pm

Actually, that is incorrect, Gene...there are authoring packgages that offer access to GPRMs and other programming features that will work on a DVD in a set top player.

Sonic Scenarist comes to mind. There may be others.

Return to posts index

Frippy
on Nov 29, 2006 at 3:45:28 pm

Sonic Scenarist, DVD Maestro, DVDStudio Pro

Return to posts index

Gene Colburn
on Nov 30, 2006 at 6:44:06 am

Joe
Yes Spruce technologies another one I am familiar with (apple bought). The 16 GPRM registers are poled via LUTs in player rom. Not all players are equal here. If you can make it work, and do what RD requests I would sure like to see the scripts. One could do this much more elegantly with executables. I don't think I stand corrected.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Nov 30, 2006 at 7:44:25 pm

I was answering the random menus question...that is all.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]