FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need fast help w/ eDVD 4!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Creative Dane
Need fast help w/ eDVD 4!
on Nov 28, 2006 at 3:49:41 pm

Hello there -

I'm trying to get a project finished, and I just got eDVD 4 to put a weblink into a DVD authored with Encore.

I made a test disk, with a simple link, and it seemed to work. The way I did the link, is create a blank timeline, link the button to it, then set it accordingly in eDVD.

I'm having 2 issues. I don't like the idea that a person has to load the Interactive player on their computer, but I'll have to live with it.

issue #1 - when I put the finished DVD into the drive, it doesn't auto-run. I have to open up Interactive 1st. Yet the manual says this is automatic. I uninstalled Interactive, and the disk didn't prompt me to install it. Any ideas how to get this to be automatic? - Is it a setting on the DVD player itself? I did set Autoplay of the DVD drive to Interactive, and this still didn't work.

issue #2 - when the DVD menu comes up, and I click on the weblink button, everything is good. The website comes up fine. But when I close the window, and click on the link again, I get nothing. I have to click on a different button, then go back and click the weblink button again to get the website to come up again. It's a small thing, but I have a feeling a user is going to do this.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Dane

Return to posts index

Gene Colburn
Re: Need fast help w/ eDVD 4!
on Nov 29, 2006 at 5:30:56 am

Dane
This can be done with a few lines of code in an autostart or executable. It is not compatible with set top players, and is only understood by PC's not Macs. That is why what you are trying to implement is not widely done. I can email you something simple to try however compatibility with conventional DVD players will be sacrificed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]