FORUMS: list search recent posts

bit budget individual assets?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
PeterM62
bit budget individual assets?
on Nov 27, 2006 at 5:31:19 am

I've wound up with over 180 minutes on my disk. Amazingly it doesn't look bad until fast motion segments play, and they look pixelated. Most of the 180 minutes are archival pieces that don't need to be high quality. I have two short pieces I want to look really good (an 18 minute piece and a 23 minutes piece). Is it possible to set these two pieces to 7 or so and let Encore adjust the other pieces downward accordingly? I've tried right-clicking on individual assets, but the transcoding options are grayed out and not available. Peter

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: bit budget individual assets?
on Nov 27, 2006 at 12:17:35 pm

Do a Revert-to-Original on the shorter assets and then set the transcoding bit rate for them.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

PeterM62
Re: bit budget individual assets?
on Nov 27, 2006 at 2:58:43 pm

Thanks Jeff -- the "revert to original" was the ticket. Then it seems I had to assign a low custom transcode setting for the whole project, then go back and set the three individual assets for which I needed higher bitrates manually. With the lesser assets set to transcode automatically I was able to keep raising the bitrates on the important assets until I was happy with the mix (and until "check project" didn't show an error that the project was too big for the disk). It's building the disk now--hopefully my pixelation problem will be solved. Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]