FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with timeline and scene selection menus v playing the whole movie through

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
welsh_gje
Problems with timeline and scene selection menus v playing the whole movie through
on Nov 26, 2006 at 11:29:44 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm having a problem authoring a DVD in Encore 2.0 from Adobe. The whole process seems quite easy and DVD creation went smoothely, however when watching it back we noticed a problem that I cannot get rid of.

On the main menu I have an option to play the whole 45 minute film from beginning to end. I have put in my chapters and it plays.

On the Scene selection menu(s) if I choose Scene 2 it begins to play, but instead of reaching the start of Scene 3 and jumping back to the scene selection menu it is continuing to Scene 3.

To combat this I put in end actions on the main timeline. Now whilst this worked for the scene selection options, when you went to play the whole movie through it would reach the end of the scene and jump back.

So I can have one working and not the other.

Any advice on how to sort this out would be welcome and very much appreciated,

Best wishes

Gareth

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Problems with timeline and scene selection menus v playing the whole movie through
on Nov 27, 2006 at 4:59:22 pm

Normally when you enter a timeline, it will play until the end of the timeline (the exception is if there are chapter point end actions, a new feature in Encore 2.0) or the viewer takes action otherwise.

If you want only a single chapter to play, have you tried making chapter playlists and linking to those?

Return to posts index

welsh_gje
Re: Problems with timeline and scene selection menus v playing the whole movie through
on Nov 27, 2006 at 8:27:47 pm

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the advice. I missed the bit on Chapter Playlists - something I had not thought of. So I have followed your advice and created a new chapter playlist.

On the main timeline the chapter points are still there - but I have removed their end actions.

I have linked the individual scene selection buttons to the correct place on the new chapter playlist, however when they finish they are jumping back to the wrong menu. Instead of jumping back to the last menu they are jumping back to the first play menu (the main menu).

Can you advice how to combat this final step?

Many thanks

Gareth

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Nov 27, 2006 at 9:12:17 pm

You have one chapter playlist?

Have you tried instead to have one chapter playlist per chapter in the timeline, and set their end action to 'Return to Last Menu'?

Return to posts index

welsh_gje
on Nov 27, 2006 at 10:55:01 pm

Hi Joe,

Yes - what I did was create single chapter playlists with end actions returning to the menu. This worked in the end. It just seemed a long winded approach - having to create 12 chapter playlists per dvd.

Thanks for your help,

Gareth Ed

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]