FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore DVD 2 Slideshow menu

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cannon
Encore DVD 2 Slideshow menu
on Nov 25, 2006 at 7:53:23 pm

I created a slideshow DVD with a menu and I am having a heck of a time trying to figure this out. When a user inserts the DVD into their machine and immediately hits the play button on the remote control the menu never appears, it starts playing the first timeline for the first button. I have set the menu as "first play" in Encore with no help.

This is confusing to the user because the user playing the DVD never knows about the menu and the option to watch more timelines. How can I make the menu appear first no matter what button the user plays on the remote?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Encore DVD 2 Slideshow menu
on Nov 25, 2006 at 9:29:12 pm

[Cannon] "When a user inserts the DVD into their machine and immediately hits the play button on the remote control the menu never appears, it starts playing the first timeline for the first button."

This is really correct behavior, actually. Most users will wait for a menu to load before doing anything.

But if you really want to prevent the viewer from speedily bypassing the menu, then turn off all user operations on the menu (and maybe the disc itself). Or create an empty timeline which has an end action set to the menu, and set it to the Main Timeline.

Return to posts index

Cannon
Re: Encore DVD 2 Slideshow menu
on Nov 25, 2006 at 9:47:53 pm

This is really correct behavior, actually. Most users will wait for a menu to load before doing anything.

But if you really want to prevent the viewer from speedily bypassing the menu, then turn off all user operations on the menu (and maybe the disc itself). Or create an empty timeline which has an end action set to the menu, and set it to the Main Timeline.

Joe, great stuff! I'll check it out. Both my wife and sister immediately hit the play button and never knew about the menu.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]