FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is the best format to export out of avid and import into adobe encore?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
coolrachel
What is the best format to export out of avid and import into adobe encore?
on Nov 21, 2006 at 12:57:21 am

whenever i use avi it says that my film is too long for that format. my movie is 90 minutes and avi will only let me have 12 minutes. also i tried using quicktime reference but encore wont let me use that format.

What am i doing wrong?

rachel

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: What is the best format to export out of avid and import into adobe encore?
on Nov 21, 2006 at 4:02:29 am

As I understand it, Avid only supports 2 GB AVI exports? And Encore 1.5 and earlier won't accept QuickTime reference files (Encore 2.0 supports QT reference files).

Try exporting to QT as a self-contained movie. Encore should accept that. If you have any trouble with that, export only the video as a self-contained MOV, and then the audio as AIFF.

Return to posts index

coolrachel
on Nov 21, 2006 at 8:47:04 pm

I have encore 2.0 but it still wont accept quick time reference files. it wont except dv stream or quick time movie either. i tried omf too just to try something but nothing works. any more suggestions? aaf sound worked but still no picture

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Nov 21, 2006 at 8:58:22 pm

It should accept them. Have you tried self-contained movies?

Return to posts index

coolrachel
on Nov 21, 2006 at 9:07:36 pm

what is self contained and how can i do that?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Nov 21, 2006 at 10:08:41 pm

Self-contained is a QuickTime movie that does not reference other QT movies- it's a rendered movie file. You should have the option to export as self-contained movie from Avid.

I'm not familiar with their interface, so you'll have to ask on an Avid forum (there's got to be some here on Creative Cow).

Return to posts index

Charlie R
on Nov 22, 2006 at 2:22:06 pm

Hi Rachel
try this
export your sequence as a Quicktime using the Avid Codecs as (Meridien or whatever you are using) Split you sequence up so that the files don't excced the 2gig limit. make sure that the PC that Encore is installed on also has the relevant codecs installed from Avid and then import the Qts into encore.
Should work
Let me know
Charlie

Return to posts index

LowrySam
on Nov 22, 2006 at 3:31:57 pm

Some important notes:

Your AVID project cannot contain gaps used as filler. If you need black video, you must create it and insert it. You can do this from the source window.

In Encore versions 1.5 or earlier, your video and audio cannot be embedded together if the project is longer than something around 20 minutes or so. If it is, you must export video-only reference file first, then a seperate wave file. Encore 2.0 fixes this.

Otherwise, I have had no problem sending QT ref files into Encore 2.0, despite the length. I have gone as far as 2.5 hours.

Let me know if you want my QT ref export settings. Maybe something is different there. Also, what version of AVID are you running?

Shawn Michael

Lowrysam

Return to posts index

geo
by
on Nov 22, 2006 at 4:54:38 pm

The advantage of a QuickTime Reference is that the exporting process is very fast and the file itself does not take up much space because it just points to already existing media.

I am not all that wild about the MPEG encoder that Encore uses natively, so I normally use TMPGEnc to create a .m2v file, and import that into Encore.

George

Return to posts index

SkylineAtlanta
on Nov 22, 2006 at 3:56:27 pm

Rachel,

The AVI output of your AVID system must be set to Type 1. Type 2 AVIs on an NTFS drive can be much larger... I've just completed a 141-minute avi program without problems.

Another option would be to encode your MPEG2 files from within AVID (if it is an option).

- David

Return to posts index

Michael Hendrix
on Nov 24, 2006 at 1:21:05 am

I export a QT Reference and let Sorenson Squeeze compress to MPG2. Squeeze should come with Avid.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]