FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Clip on Menu that is NOT a button????

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
landrvr1
Video Clip on Menu that is NOT a button????
on Nov 20, 2006 at 9:34:07 pm

I cannot figure this out at all. I've got a menu that I've created in Photoshop. One layer is a bubble with a mask.
I'd like to replace the image inside the bubble with a video.

I know how to use the Replacement Layer feature, and can replace my temp image with another image, but I cannot replace
my temp image with video! Is this even possible in Encore? Everytime I try and drag the clip over to the menu replacement
item, it creates - of course - a button.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Video Clip on Menu that is NOT a button????
on Nov 20, 2006 at 10:01:03 pm

This is not possible in Encore. Replacement layers are for images only.

To do something like this, create a video background clip in Premiere or After Effects.

Return to posts index

landrvr1
on Nov 20, 2006 at 11:15:52 pm

Gotcha, thanks. I redid the menu animation in Premiere (making it smaller to fit in my masked area), then froze my temp mask image layer. The background animation appears perfectly! Thanks

Return to posts index

Louis Routhier
on Sep 19, 2012 at 6:56:26 pm

In case it could help someone...

I had to do something like this in the past and since I didn't want to have to render the whole menu myself in Premiere, what I did is to create fake buttons with video thumbnail, got my videos in it, checked the Animate Buttons option and set the menu duration to the video duration. If I didn't care about the fact that my video would then take space on the DVD and that an end user could click on it, say with a mous on a pc, I could have simply removed navigation to this button by doing it manually.

Since I did care about it, what I then did was to render the menu, copied it from the SourcesMenus (render as mpg). I then used this mpg as the video source for the motion menu and removed the dummy button.

But it is still really sad that the video replacement layer has not been included.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]