FORUMS: list search recent posts

M2t To Avi For Use In Encore Dvd. Who?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
arve28
M2t To Avi For Use In Encore Dvd. Who?
on Nov 20, 2006 at 7:59:15 am

I capture HDV into a HDD to .m2t and edit in Ppro2.0.
I want to put this to Encore DVD 2.0. Do i need to convert to avi?
And who do i convert?

If i use the HDlink inside cineform Aspect HD i got avi file. This is a HDV avi? and for make a DVD 4,7GB i only need DV avi? (only try this for 15 days to see if i buy this. But it cost alot.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: M2t To Avi For Use In Encore Dvd. Who?
on Nov 20, 2006 at 12:08:45 pm

DVD is Standard Definition. For both PAL and NTSC, the DVD frame sizes match the frame sizes for DV.

Creating a DV avi from Premiere is probably best, because you can let Encore automatically transcode the avi file to get the highest bit rate for the space available on the blank DVD. If you transcode in Premiere, then you have to do all of the bit budgeting yourself.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

arve28
on Nov 20, 2006 at 2:00:28 pm

Yes. I do Encore DVD to trancecode to DVD. But can i use .m2t inside Encore DVD 2.0?

I'm very new at HDV and don't understand this. m2t, mpeg, HDVavi. All I read are always converting from to. Where can i read more about this?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Nov 20, 2006 at 4:47:38 pm

[arve28] "But can i use .m2t inside Encore DVD 2.0?"

No, it's got to be AVI, MPEG-2 for DVD, or MOV.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Nov 20, 2006 at 4:47:44 pm

[arve28] "But can i use .m2t inside Encore DVD 2.0?"

No, it's got to be AVI, MPEG-2 for DVD, or MOV.

Return to posts index

Neil Wilkes
on Nov 20, 2006 at 5:55:19 pm

As Joe Bowden says - you cannot use the M2T file natively in EncoreDVD.
You need to export as an AVI first - there are detailed instructions on this at the Cineform website.

It might seem like an un-necessary step, and it may appear that it would be better to do the whole process all in one go in Encore.
Trust me, the quality will be higher going to the interim AVI format. Trying to go from HDV to MPEG-2 usually ends up looking a bit of a dogs dinner by comparison, and all the major authoring & Production houses using HDV use an interim export.

Return to posts index

arve28
on Nov 20, 2006 at 8:33:37 pm

Can I convert to avi without cinefirm? Cinform have a high price. The avi file you got when capture from HDV to cinefirm. Is this a avi that i can use in Encore or is this a HDV avi file and not a DV avi file?
This i don't understand.

Return to posts index

arve28
on Nov 21, 2006 at 9:10:50 pm

I'm very new at HDV.
Last project i convert HDV to DV inside the camera and into Ppro2.0 it was avi. Edit and then export to Encore DVD 2.0. Encorde do the transcode.

But I want to have the editing back to tape in HDV. So can anyone help me?

I capture from HDV into a portabel HDD. I tried HDVsplit to get a scene detect. Then i got .m2t files. Is this the way to capture?

I edit the m2t files into Ppro2.0. Can someone tell me step to step who to get this into Adobe Encore DVD 2.0? I have After Effect with Huffyuv too, but need help step by step if i shall use this.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Neil Wilkes
on Nov 23, 2006 at 3:18:58 pm

The way we do this - and this should specifically be in the Premiere Pro Subforums - is to create a new Cineform HDV project in PPro (Cineform greatly improves the handling in PPro, and at $500 is extremely cheap for what you get both in terms of handling & performance. Far superior to the Native in PPro)
then we simply capture the files directly into Premiere from our HDV deck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]