FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD DVD support and Vista compatability?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leo Baker
HD DVD support and Vista compatability?
on Nov 18, 2006 at 1:15:55 am

Hello,

I wonder when Adobe are going to have a HD DVD support for Encore as Blu Ray is finally with us but as yet expensive. Has anyone tested any of the Adobe Software on Windows Vista? As the Vista VLK for corporations is out this month and I can;t see any Windows VISTA notices on software compatability on the Adobe website.

Thanks,

Leo

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: HD DVD support and Vista compatability?
on Nov 18, 2006 at 2:15:19 am

As for when HD-DVD and/or BR will be available, Adobe never comments on future releases.

Encore 2.0 and earlier is not supported on Windows Vista. If you search the 'net you may be able to find one or more Registry hacks that will let Encore recognize your burner under Vista.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Leo Baker
on Nov 18, 2006 at 3:19:04 am

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for the answer. It is strange Adobe are not going to support Windows Vista on the current Adobe Production Studio 2.0

Thanks,

Leo

Return to posts index

Leo Baker
on Nov 18, 2006 at 1:08:02 pm

Hello,

I know someone who is has successfuly burnt a DVD via Adobe Encore 2.0 running WIndows Vista Release Candiidate 1 Build: 5600 32bit. As has burnt with no problems detected.

So maybe it's backwards compatible with Windows XP Drivers. Maybe it could be a driver or firmware driver with the DVD drive, so revert to XP Drivers which have been proved to work on Windows Vista.

Thank you,

Leo

Return to posts index

Neil Wilkes
on Nov 20, 2006 at 5:58:10 pm

This is going to be one of those things that will work for some users and not for others.
A 32 bit Vista installation will give you more likelihood of a working setup, but until it is officially supported, I suspect actual real-world usability will vary from person to person.

As far as supporting Vista with the 2.0 production bundle, it will take an update to get proper support included as Vista did not exist when this package was released.
Most software is still not Vista compatible yet, and the smart money is waiting until SP1 for Vista - let others iron out all the wrinkles first!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]