FORUMS: list search recent posts

Chapters and Timeline

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Productions
Chapters and Timeline
on Nov 17, 2006 at 9:52:52 pm

Hey guys!

I'm pretty new to Adobe Encore 1.5 (not to Adobe's interfaces) and I have a school project to do for monday. So, all my animations are done and in Encore, I'd like to create some chapters.

Okay, that's pretty easy, just clicking on the tiny " + " button to add one. But, I'd like to make my DVD just like a PowerPoint presentation, meaning that when my team and I will present our oral, as soon as we will finish talking, we will just press "Next Chapter" and it will move to the next animation (I'll make the animations longer in case it suddendly stops).

Okay so I've searched for about an hour in the COW's Archives. Found a couple of tutorials on the net. I'm learning a lot and I didn't found nothing in my Encore's DVD Manual. I know how to create menus, blank menus, assets, timeline, etc.

My real problem is that in the timeline (note that I'm maybe doing this all wrong, you'll tell me) is that I can't move, like in any editing software, my video where I want. It seems stock in the timeline at some point. I click on it, don't let the mouse button go, and it doesn't want to move at all. Should it move? How am I suppose to create another chapter then? Note that the video that I'm talking about is a video that I just copy/pasted from another timeline in this timeline (all in Encore).

(I own Premiere but I wouldn't want to use it since I'd have to reinstall it and re-learn it since I haven't touched it for a long time).

Hey, thx for your time guys and sorry for the broken english!

Thx a lot!

Justin Productions
Tangerin01@hotmail.com
Adobe After Effects 6.5 Professional

Return to posts index

Justin Productions
Re: Chapters and Timeline
on Nov 18, 2006 at 4:47:20 pm

Someone, please? :

Justin Productions
Tangerin01@hotmail.com

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Nov 18, 2006 at 5:10:40 pm

1. Encore is not an editing program. You can trim the ends of the video/audio, but you cannot move it nor can you add other clips to the same timeline. (BTW, adding multiple clips to a single timeline is feature that was added to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0)

2. You cannot make such a DVD in Encore. But, there are other ways to accomplish what you want.

Here's one idea:

- Import each of your animations into a separate timeline (if you haven't done that already)
- Create an "index" menu that has a button for each timeline (maximum 36 buttons per menu for 4:3, 18 buttons for widescreen)
- Set the end action of each timeline to return to the index menu, next button in sequence. For example, Timeline 1's end action would point to the index menu, button 2. Button 2 would activate timeline 2, etc.
- Since the next timeline's button on the menu would be selected already as a result of the previous timeline's end action, all you would have to do is press "Enter" on the DVD player remote to start the next clip.

HTH,
-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Justin Productions
on Nov 18, 2006 at 8:40:36 pm

Thx a lot Jeff! Brillant idea! I'll try that as soon as I'm completely finish with my animations.

I'll keep you alerted.

Thx again!

Justin Productions
Tangerin01@hotmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]