FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I make a button that will go to the next menu?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dax702
How do I make a button that will go to the next menu?
on Nov 9, 2006 at 10:37:14 pm

I'm new to Encore DVD, watched the Lynda.com training video and am doing pretty well so far. I'm having trouble figuring out how to have a simple arrow graphic (from the library) be the button that goes to another submenu. Can someone tell me how to do this?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: How do I make a button that will go to the next menu?
on Nov 9, 2006 at 11:33:51 pm

Drag the button from the Library into an open menu.

Convert it to a button.

With the button selected, go to Properties, click in the Links field and link it to the menu you want.

Return to posts index

dax702
on Nov 10, 2006 at 12:29:50 am

I got it, thanks! I also discovered something else too. If I want to use highlight group 2 for that specific button, I could only change it to (=2) IN photoshop. couldn't figure out how to change it in Encore. In other words, if all of my chapter selection subpictures are yellow when selected, I wanted the button for the next menu to be dark red when in normal state, and brighter red when selected. The only way I could do it was to go in photoshop and change the (=1) to (=2).

Which leads me to ask what the "Highlight:" option is in the properties panel? Its options are Group 1 and Group 2

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Nov 10, 2006 at 6:51:12 am

Don't confuse the subpicture layer number (=1, 2, & 3) with the highlight groups- they two are different things.

Each highlight group can have differerent subpicture layer numbers (unique =1, 2, & 3 values). You set the highlight group in Button properties (select the button, then go to the Properties panel).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]