FORUMS: list search recent posts

Alternate Audio Track...

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cal Johnson
Alternate Audio Track...
on Nov 7, 2006 at 6:49:48 am

I have Encore 2.0, and I've figured out how to add a "directors commentary" audio track. I've brought in one video only track, and two audio tracks, one with the normal sound track and one with the commentary added, and can switch back and for between the two audio option from the menu. I'm just wondering if there is a way to make it so that when I go the menu, and select the "commentary on" button the track will be selected, and the movie will resume at the point where I was before I selected the menu. Currently I can make the audio commentary come on, or turn it off, but it always goes back to the start of the movie once the option is selected. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Alternate Audio Track...
on Nov 7, 2006 at 4:38:43 pm

Try using the "Resume" link if you have Encore 2. I don't remember if Encore 1.x has the Resume link.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Cal Johnson
on Nov 7, 2006 at 5:43:06 pm

Yeah, the resume link is great for resuming back to the movie, however, this doesn't allow me to set a change in audio track. For that I need to select "specify link" from the pop-up menu, and then "resume" is no longer an option. I can only either link back to the movie, or the menu.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Nov 7, 2006 at 6:40:01 pm

Normally, this kind of operation is done at the beginning, before the movie plays- so that would probably cover the most common user case. When it's changed on the fly during movie playback, it's usually done using the Audio button on the remote control, which would cover the next most common user case.

You could set the audio button link to change the audio track but remain in the menu, then set playback from a different menu (and provide a link to this menu). Or add a resume button to either the audio track selection menu or the menu that is for initiating playback.

Return to posts index

Cal Johnson
on Nov 7, 2006 at 7:43:44 pm

Thanks guys. I ended up just putting in "Lords of Dogtown" and looking at how they did it. Its a good example as they have not only a directors commentary, but a commentary with Tony Alva and Stacy Peralta. I ended copying their layout, so I have a Main Menu page and then a Special Features page. The Special Features has one button for commentary on, another for off, and there is a "Play Movie" button which is the sub-menu default, and is set to resume. Works perfect. Thanks again for your suggestions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]