FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple Options - Total Content on DVD?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
syhprum
Multiple Options - Total Content on DVD?
on Nov 1, 2006 at 11:14:46 am

If I want to offer the user four options for a 30-minute DVD program, Option 1 being the straight program with music and voice-over, Option 2 is the same content but no voice-over, just music, Option 3 is Option 1 without graphics, and Option 4 is Option 3 without graphics, do I need to build all four options in my edit program and then import each option into Encore as a separate timeline, and end up with 120 minutes of content that will be burned to the disc? Or is there another way to do this to where I do not have to use up all this disc space for these features.

Thanks,

Doug

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Multiple Options - Total Content on DVD?
on Nov 1, 2006 at 12:00:04 pm

For options 1 and 2, you need one copy of the video and 2 audio tracks in an Encore timeline. Audio track 1 contains music and VO, audio track 2 contains just music. You need to mixdown the audio for both tracks outside of Encore.

Without knowing exactly what you mean by "graphics", I can't say for sure whether you need another copy of the video program to create the "no graphics" clip. If your graphics are subtitles only, then you won't need another copy. If they are something else, then you will.

Create the audio for options 3 and 4 the same way you do for options 1 and 2.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

syhprum
Re: Multiple Options - Total Content on DVD?
on Nov 1, 2006 at 1:11:01 pm

Thanks Jeff for the feedback.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]