FORUMS: list search recent posts

video buttons in v2.0

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill McCallum
video buttons in v2.0
on Oct 31, 2006 at 11:23:34 am

In version 1.5 I needed different timelines for chapters to end and return to the main menu, but version 2.0 is a dream with a playlist for chapters that end and return. However in 1.5 I had no trouble making video buttons animate, but I cannot understand why I can't make a video thumbnail animate in version 2.0 The choice I am given is basic or transition. I have checked motion for the menu. I checked the help menu for beyond basics, but I can't understand what I'm missing. How is it done?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: video buttons in v2.0
on Oct 31, 2006 at 11:59:48 am

Basic or Transition are the choices for button properties, not menu properties. Since animated buttons are a menu-wide choice, the selection to animate buttons is on the menu properties sheet.

Remember to render your motion menu in order to see the buttons animate during preview.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Bill McCallum
on Oct 31, 2006 at 9:32:08 pm

The problem is that I cannot even see a still image within the video button.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Nov 1, 2006 at 1:21:12 am

You're certain it's a video button, and you've linked it to a chapter?

Return to posts index

Bill McCallum
on Nov 1, 2006 at 1:30:09 am

Yes, it is a video button, but apparently I'm not linking it properly to the chapters. It was easier with v1.5. How is it linked in v2.0?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Nov 1, 2006 at 4:04:43 pm

You can link through the Link field in Button properties, or drag and drop the chapter from the timeline to the button, or use the Flowchart. Lots of ways to link a button to a chapter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]