FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore 2.0 Slideshow Transitions- What is going on here? Anyone else have this problem?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Michael Block
Encore 2.0 Slideshow Transitions- What is going on here? Anyone else have this problem?
on Oct 6, 2006 at 10:12:02 pm

Hello,
When we insert transitions in between slides in a slideshow, the slides have a "ghosted" transparent image of the next slide visible during the playback of the current slide. This looks TERRIBLE! We currently have the demo of 2.0 (We are liscenced users of vers. 1.5 but we are considering upgrading) is this something that is just part of the demo? Please advise!

Thanks,

Bryan

Return to posts index

auscrow
Re: Encore 2.0 Slideshow Transitions- What is going on here? Anyone else have this problem?
on Oct 6, 2006 at 10:49:06 pm

Seems to be either part of the demo or a bug in the demo. I do not have this with the full version.

Return to posts index

Bryan Michael Block
Re: Encore 2.0 Slideshow Transitions- What is going on here? Anyone else have this problem?
on Oct 7, 2006 at 12:08:06 am

Colud it be the MPEG codec? Can anyone else confirm that this is a demo issue?

Thanks for the reply-
B

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Oct 7, 2006 at 11:35:22 am

What transition(s) are you using? I'm not seeing that issue here.

Do you have any more details about the slideshow? Number of slides, file format of the slides, audio yes/no, scaling options, etc.?

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

geo
by
on Oct 7, 2006 at 6:45:13 pm

I also saw this happen in Encore 2.0. I was using dissolves. The project had an 18 slide show, which I ran 6 seconds per slide with a 1 second dissolve between slides. My solution was to go back to straight cuts because I had a deadline and the dissolves were not a strict requirement.

Would love to hear the real answer though.

George

Return to posts index

Bryan Michael Block
on Oct 7, 2006 at 10:55:10 pm

Yes, that's exactly it- we set it up using simple dissolves (called cross dissolves in Encore)-
This was just a test to explore the new slideshow feature- we set up maybe 6 slides of varying lengths (based on the length of a .wav file per slide) and the first slide comes on and you can see a slightly ghosted version of the next slide just sitting there and then it transitions and it loads up the next slide with a ghosted version of the side following that one- It's terrible!

Any insights? Adobe's online FAQ offers the helpful hint: If you are having problems with certain transitions, use another transition...

Gee thanks! How about FIXING the features that your software supposedly offers...

Anyone have any other insights into this problem? It's obviously not just me-

Thanks,
B

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Oct 8, 2006 at 12:21:09 am

Anyone have any other insights into this problem? It's obviously not just me-

You've gotten a total of three replies before mine; two have not seen a problem, and one has. It may not obviously be just you, but then again, it just may be.

Care to provide more information about what you are seeing, like the files you're using and the transitions?

Return to posts index

Bryan Michael Block
on Oct 9, 2006 at 3:00:09 pm

Joe,
Thanks for the reply, forgive my insisting but like many of you I actually work in media production for a living so I really don't think it's "just me" unless I'm really missing something extremely important here like a setting of somekind-
The files we are using are 720x540 JPG's and 16 bi 48KHz wav files (if that matters to you)
It was a simple procedure-
1.We put 6 JPG's into the slide show as well as 6 WAV files
2.Changed the slide durations to match that of the corresponding WAV files.
3. Build DVD folder

Resulting VOB has artifacts mentioned above, which were also experienced by I don't know how else to explain a ghosted image of the following slide appearing over the current slide- George (Geo) also experienced this exact same problem. Visiting the Adobe website indicates that there are problems with some other transitions in the program, and their helpful (useless) advice (use another transition)has been posted above. (here is that link: http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/332133.html ) of course those do not apply to the standard dissolve transitions.

So, my question is, is it the MPEG codec I have?
Is there a pre-rendering or export function I am missing?
George has experienced the same problem.

Note: The fully authored disk looks fine (I took a chance on authoring even though the VOB itself does not just to see if it's something in the VOB player) so it may just be something odd there-
I'm just trying to understand the problem at this point becuase I don't want this thing to rear it's ugly head after we commit to making a full program with it.

Thanks for any help-
B

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Oct 9, 2006 at 6:11:09 pm

Bryan, the technote you linked to is more concerned with the direction of transitions, and pointing out that some are invalid and that Encore will substitute valid directions, which may lead to a problem.

Thanks for the info- a little more clarification may help:

What is the duration of the WAV files?

Which transitions are being used? (including "direction")

What app are you using to test the DVD folder?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]