FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD created in Encore is too large for TV

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
katweazl
DVD created in Encore is too large for TV
on Oct 6, 2006 at 9:49:47 pm

Hi,

I have been playing around with Encore and it seems the couple of DVD's I have created from Encore, when burned and played back on a widescreen TV have had a "Zoom" effect and I am missing the outer edges of the video.

I re-encoded an episode of Lost on to DVD to watch it on my TV and the HD watermark in the bottom left corner was right on the edge of the viewable area on my TV. But on playback on the PC there is a bit of space between the watermark and the edge of the video.

Since I am in Australia it is a PAL DVD at 720x576 played on a Leowe Widescreen TV from a Sony DVP-NS530.

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Joel

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: DVD created in Encore is too large for TV
on Oct 7, 2006 at 11:27:17 am

Is the amount of "cropping" about 5 - 10%? If so, you are most likely seeing the effect of overscan of the TV.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

katweazl
on Oct 8, 2006 at 11:27:37 am

I also thought it was just the overscan but I have created many SVCD's previously and transcoded from Xvid to mpeg2 using Tmpgenc with no picture loss around the edges (that is noticeable).

So it seems it is just the DVD's created in Encore. I may try and put the same mpeg2 file into nerovision and build the DVD from there and see if I get the samee effect.

Thanks for your reply.

Joel

Return to posts index

Neil Wilkes
on Oct 10, 2006 at 3:05:24 pm

Jeff is 100% correct.
This is overscan entirely.
All CRT sets do this to some degree, and DVD is not the same as SVCD is. Both use MPEG-2 for video, but that is as far as the comparison really goes.
Also, you will have noticed that a computer monitor does not overscan, so you cannot test this any way apart from using RW discs to keep the coaster bills down.

Good Luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]