FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to get Encore to read/import PremPro DVD Chapter Marks?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Content Lab
How to get Encore to read/import PremPro DVD Chapter Marks?
on Oct 4, 2006 at 10:56:55 pm

I want to make a rather simple DVD in Encore but am admitedly new to using the program.

In PremierePro2 I have already marked several "scene" and "main menu" DVD markers in the timeline. My end goal/fantasy is to use Adobe Media Encoder to render an MPEG2 DVD compliant video & audio file which I would import to Encore2 while hopefully preserving the DVD markers in the PremPro timeline. My menu will be a simple custom text-link setup where the text links are tied to the "main menu" markers and you can use the chapter skip keys to move between "scene" markers.

I am doing this because I didn't care for any of the premade templates available in PremPro and have about 10 links that I want on a single menu page. I don't want the user to have to skip back and forth between menu pages to choose these 10 simple links.

I am also doing this because I don't have the budget right now to buy the SurCode Dolby Digital(DD) plugin for Premiere and can make a DD audio file for the DVD using Sony Vegas.

It seems that Encore has the flexibility that would allow me to create the DVD video file in Adobe Media encoder, the DD audio file in Vegas, import both of those as assets and put on a timeline where I have a single menu page with basic text links tied to the DVD markers in my PremPro timeline.

Is what I'm describing even possible? If so please help.

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: How to get Encore to read/import PremPro DVD Chapter Marks?
on Oct 5, 2006 at 12:42:34 pm

It is possible, but not in the way that you're doing it now.

Instead of DVD markers in Premiere (which are used only for DVD authoring within Premiere), use regular sequence markers and enter a chapter name in the chapter field. More info is available for this in Premiere or Encore help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]