FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hidden buttons

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark harvey
Hidden buttons
on Oct 2, 2006 at 11:51:20 am

I am preparing a DVD with a around 15 menus. Things are going great except that when I check the DVD I get an error stating that some links within certain menus have not yet been set. I see these same named links when I view the menus in the flowchart. I can also access their properties if I double click on their names within the flowchart.

I do not want these links or buttons on the menus, problem is that I can't see them when I view my menus. I have tried clicking around everywhere on the menu with the hope that a bounding box may reveal a hidden buttons location, but for the life of me I can't find the buttons location. I would like to delete them, but it is hard to delete that that you can't see :-)

I am thinking of completing the project and just leaving the hidden buttons on the menus and not setting links for them, but I would prefer to delete them.

Any advice ???

Thanks

Mark Harvey

Return to posts index

Neil Wilkes
Re: Hidden buttons
on Oct 2, 2006 at 2:15:18 pm

Have you tried activating the "Show Button Routing" option at the bottom of the menu editor?
This should show you every button on the menu.
It's quite possible they are as small as one pixel square - this used to happen to me regularly at first.
They are definitely there, and showing button routing should reveal them.

Return to posts index

mark harvey
Re: Hidden buttons
on Oct 2, 2006 at 6:20:47 pm

I actually did try this ,and nothing showed up.....it really is weird.

Return to posts index

mark harvey
Update
on Oct 3, 2006 at 11:37:01 pm

Thanks for the help....

Finally to locate the buttons, I took the menu into photoshop via the dynamic link. There still were no buttons visible, but at least I was able to delete the layers inside photoshop and fix the errors that I was getting in the check disk.

Mark

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Update
on Oct 4, 2006 at 12:43:34 am

Going forward- those buttons should also be visible (and deletable) from Encore's own Layers panel.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]