FORUMS: list search recent posts

Error 16019 after transcoding - file name problem?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arizona Artist
Error 16019 after transcoding - file name problem?
on Sep 27, 2006 at 1:13:19 am

This should have been a fairly straightforward transfer from VHS to DVD - all we did was add chapter points and a menu. But NO.....We keep getting an error 16019 at the end of the transcoding process, so are unable to burn the DVD. In the "preflight" Encore says everything is OK.

I read somewhere that it could be filenames that contain non-alphanumeric characters - we don't have any of those, but are using underscores in some of the names. Some of the names also exceed 8 characters. Are the underscores or longer than 8-character filenames the problem or???

We have nothing in italics.

Working on a 6-year old Micron running XP Pro; Pentium 4-1.5 GHz, 1GB of RAM, NVidia GeForce FX5200 video card,two 80GB hard drives.

Can anyone help???

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Error 16019 after transcoding - file name problem?
on Sep 27, 2006 at 10:06:18 am

[Arizona Artist] "Can anyone help???"

:-) I'll try.

The 16019 error means that you have either renamed, deleted or moved a file that Encore is expecting to find. It is usually caused by replacing or renaming assets instead of removing and reimporting as should be done.

It can be caused by the use of odd characters, and it may show up if you have a very long path to one or more files. By long path I mean something like: C:Captured TV ShowsDramasEmmy NominatedBroadcastHiDefRerunAfter9WednesdaysJanuary1990 to 1995With Really Bad ActingTVShowOne.mpg

What version of Encore are you using? How did you do the conversion? What program was used to create the files that you imported into Encore? What file format was used (.avi, .mpg, .m2v, .mp3, .wav, etc.)?

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Arizona Artist
Re: Error 16019 after transcoding - file name problem?
on Sep 27, 2006 at 5:51:26 pm

We are using version 1.5 of Encore, and used Adobe Premier Pro 1.5 to create the .avi files from the VHS footage. There are three PhotoShop still images that we imported (to create menus and button links to chapter headings). I created those in PhotoShopCS2. I have just ordered the ver 2.0 upgrade of Encore.

None of our file names including the path are anywhere near as long as the example you gave - the longest one is the drive letter/folder/filename - maybe 25 letters/numbers total.

This morning, we "started over" by deleting all the temporary files - started a new project and imported the avi files and menus fresh. It's halfway through the transcoding process again as I'm writing this.

I will let you know if we still get the error message at the end of the transcoding. Probably has another hour and a half to go.

Thank you, and stay tuned....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]