FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can anyone help me with this problem?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Carvajal
Can anyone help me with this problem?
on Sep 22, 2006 at 10:53:00 pm

Hi

I posted this problem over here and at the offical Adobe forums and no reply. This problem is really driving me nuts as it only happens if the user forces changes during playback (like fast forward or hit the next button).
Can anyone please tell me what I did wrong

thanks

http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_post.cgi?forumid=145&postid=...

Return to posts index

Neil Wilkes
Re: Can anyone help me with this problem?
on Sep 23, 2006 at 2:18:11 pm

What problem is that?
The link goes to a blank page.....usually though, if nobody answers it's because nobody knows.

Return to posts index

Bryan Carvajal
Re: Can anyone help me with this problem? (Now with problem description)
on Sep 23, 2006 at 3:05:28 pm

sorry folks, seems some people are having problems with the link, anyways here is the problem.
---------------

Last month I did a project for a friend where I put all his music videos on to 8 standard layer discs, designed a functional interactive menu system and so on using Encore 1.5 with the update.

Everything worked fine, until today when he reported that if he fast fowards a part during the music video when its in Play ALL mode, it will play til the end of that video then return to the main menu instead of continue on to the next video on the play all playlist. If he leaves it alone during play all it will play all videos then return to the main menu or if he plays one video, it will return to the page menu for that video, which is what it is suppose to do. End functions on each video returns it to its respected page once its done, and of course the play list overwrites this to make sure all videos play and when the final video is complete, return to the main page menu. Any guesses on what I did wrong and how I can fix this?

Second question, now that prices have come down for dual layer printable discs, I was thinking once I fix this glitch, I can redo the discs and tell either Encore or Nero to burn to DL discs with no problems in order to bring the discs down from 8 to 4? It should be that easy correct?

Return to posts index

Neil Wilkes
on Sep 23, 2006 at 3:37:33 pm

Not got the foggiest, I'm afraid.
I will definitely try it here & see what the options are, but I am stumped.

DL discs are easy enough, but you will need to take great care with the layer break.

Return to posts index

Bryan Carvajal
on Sep 23, 2006 at 5:48:40 pm

now when you say careful with the layer break... how exactly where I know where it is? Given the fact that these are short videos (ranging from 3-5 minutes, and a few 30 second looping backgrounds and a very short intro to main menu.

Return to posts index

Bryan Carvajal
Re: Can anyone help me with this problem? (Now with problem description) -Update
on Sep 23, 2006 at 5:54:01 pm

Ok...Now I tested this with my demo reel DVD that I made a few months back using the play all function playlist (which the music video dvd's I made is modeled after) Anyways if I fast forward or hit next during the playlist play all on a video that it is currently running, instead of playing the next video, it will start hoping all over the disc..in other words it would hop from a video, to a still image, to another video (out of order), to a background I thought I got rid of during clean up and so on, basically going out of control and all if I hit NEXT or fast forward. I have tested it on various dvd's ranging from software pc players, to home players, to PS2/XB players and so on, same problem. Is there a known bug with Playlists in 1.5?

Return to posts index

Neil Wilkes
Re: Can anyone help me with this problem? (Now with problem description) -Update
on Sep 23, 2006 at 6:12:18 pm

Please bear in mind that the NEXT button will take you to the next timeline you actually created.
The VOB are ordered in strict order of your timeline creation.
So - if you created timeline 4, then timeline 2, then a couple of menus, then some more timelines etc *before* linking any assets together, then this is exactly what will happen.

Could this be the explanation?
Or were you honestly disciplined enough to create every timeline (NOT importing, not linking, just creating) in exactly the same sequence you wanted playback to happen in at "Play All"?

Return to posts index

Bryan Carvajal
on Sep 23, 2006 at 8:52:59 pm

ok this is what I did.
After I created all the nessasary elements in AE , inlcuding the menu elements I brought them into Encore in this order

Main Intro to Main Menu Animation
Page 1 background animation (looping)
Page 2 background animation (looping)
Page 3 background animation (looping)
Page 1 Main Menu elements
Page 2 Main Menu elements
Page 3 Main Menu elements
-Made a timeline for intro to main menu
-Made a group 1 folder, imported all the page 1 videos, made a timeline for each one of those videos.
-Told each timeline to go back to page 1 main menu for the end action and remote action
-Made buttons for each video on that page (page 1)
-Linked each button to there respected timeline videos
repeated the process for each page (2 and 3) and group (2 and 3)
-Made a play all button playlist playing each video in order from start to finish then returning back to page 1

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]