FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animateing a menu

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
PRgraphist
Animateing a menu
on Sep 15, 2006 at 3:46:32 am

I fallow the instruction in the help to animate a menu, but I can make the menu do that I wish, I take the menu into after effect and animate the botton and the title bar, exported as .avi and then link the .avi file to the menu into encore, the animation play but when finished the screen turn black and the menu not appear.
I try make a time line with the animation and set the end action to the menu, fine, fuction. But i wish the animation repeat if the user leave the DVD idle for 10 min. anyone help me?? what i doing wrong??

I use encore 1.5 and AE 6.5

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Animateing a menu
on Sep 15, 2006 at 10:18:40 am

1. The .avi file must be the background of the menu, not just link to it. To make the .avi file the menu background, Alt+drag the .avi file from the Project window to the menu when the menu is displayed in the Menu Viewer.

2. Make sure you set the Loop Number control in the Properties palette for the menu to "Forever".

3. For this basic navigation, do not set any Overrides.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

PRgraphist
on Sep 16, 2006 at 12:40:34 am

this is exactly i was doing. but the animation play and the screen go to black

Return to posts index

PRgraphist
on Sep 16, 2006 at 12:48:29 am

the animation ahve a duration of 3 second. I want to make it play one time and then activate the menu. If the user no move anything during 10min the animation play again

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Sep 16, 2006 at 2:41:45 am

Composite all of your text and graphics (including button text and graphics) in your NLE or effects program. Animate them as desired - you said yours was 3 seconds long.

Once the animation is complete and all of the menu objects are in place, extend the length of the static menu in your NLE or effects program. Thirty seconds or a minute of the static menu is not unreasonable. Suppose you choose 30 seconds. So now your exported .avi file is 33 seconds long (3 seconds of animation and 30 seconds of static menu).

Back in Encore, add the 33-second .avi as the menu background. The duration of the menu should automatically be set to 33 seconds. You then set the loop point to 3 seconds, and the loop number to Forever. When the menu loops, it will go to the 3-second point and start playing from there. The audience will only see the static part of the .avi file, so they will think they are seeing a static menu.

Since your button graphics are composited as part of the background video, all you need to do in Encore is set up the subpicture highlights. For each button on the menu, turn off the visibility of all button layers by clicking on the eyeball icons in the layers panel. The subpicture layer should have its eyeball grayed-out.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

PRgraphist
on Sep 16, 2006 at 5:59:50 pm

Ok, thanks, this work. But I cant do the 10min Effects. A need if the user not touch the remote control for 10 min the animation play again. How i do that??

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Sep 16, 2006 at 6:13:06 pm

If I understand you correctly, set the end action of the menu to "Back to Here". Then set the loop number to 20 instead of Forever (20 x 30 seconds = 10 minutes). When the 20 loops are finished, the menu will go back to the beginning, and the animation will play again.

Does that work for you?

-Jeff

Return to posts index

PRgraphist
on Sep 17, 2006 at 4:52:39 pm

All right... dude you have to wright the help files fot adobe. I read the help a lot of time and dont understand very well.

Return to posts index

PRgraphist
on Sep 17, 2006 at 5:00:38 pm

thats works, but not very fine. When I put the loop number onther that forever (any specific number). When the animation finish and return to the loop point, the screen turn black for afew frames. With forever loop point work well.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Sep 17, 2006 at 5:38:57 pm

[PRgraphist] "thats works, but not very fine. When I put the loop number onther that forever (any specific number). When the animation finish and return to the loop point, the screen turn black for afew frames. With forever loop point work well."

Does this happen only in Encore's preview? If so, don't worry about it. Most DVD players will show a freeze frame (not black) when the menu loops. No matter what player you use, there will always be a pause when a menu loops because the player's laser has to find the loop point again. How long that pause lasts is dependent on the brand of DVD player. Burn a test RW disc to see what happens on hardware and software DVD players - it shouldn't be a problem.

BTW, I did better than write the help files: I wrote a book! :-) Check my sig.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]