FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Error 19004 - Invalid requested time. PLEASE Advise.

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bradhicks
DVD Error 19004 - Invalid requested time. PLEASE Advise.
on Sep 14, 2006 at 7:21:11 pm

Does anyone know what this means or how to fix it? It happens everytime I am transcoding the audio portion of my AVI file to burn in Encore. Now, I have extracted just the audio and that transcodes just fine, but for some reason it gives me this error every time I am transcoading the AVI file.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: DVD Error 19004 - Invalid requested time. PLEASE Advise.
on Sep 14, 2006 at 8:05:22 pm

From Sonic's knowledge base:

Symptom:
When trying to build a DVD folder or write DVD, the program gets to a transcoding phase (audio or video) and the error "Invalid requested time (DVDerr, -19004)" pops up.
Solution:
This error is usually due to an invalid specification of the files that have been imported. Rarely, this error occurs with video files that have been created by MyDVD. Please make sure that there are no DivX or other non compliant codecs attributed to the files. If you are using .avi files, use Microsoft DV-.avi

To make sure the files are valid, please review the Knowledge Base articles Preparing VCD Files for MyDVD, Preparing DVD Files for MyDVD, and Some info about .wmv files and MyDVD .

Another reason this error can occur is that the file names are too long. As an experiment, try reducing each file name to 8 characters or less and only use alpha-numeric characters.

Encore is based on Sonic's Author Core, so this probably applies.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

bradhicks
on Sep 14, 2006 at 10:03:45 pm

There are no other outside attributes to the files, like DivX or anything. I should also have specified that I created the .AVI file with Premiere Pro and I am using version 1.0 of Encore.

It just always seems to happen at the same place in the audio transcode, but I've even re-exported the .AVI without the audio track with the same problem. I'll try re-nameing them.

Thanks.
Brad.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Sep 15, 2006 at 3:14:44 pm

First thing: update to Encore 1.0.1 (free download) and see if that solves your problem.

Return to posts index

Johnny Cash
on Nov 8, 2007 at 4:44:18 pm

This is not a problem of .AVIs, when we use audio tracks for menus they may be in .WAV format not .MP3, that's all. I hope it help u

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]