FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fitting files onto a DVD

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Volzer
Fitting files onto a DVD
on Sep 12, 2006 at 4:59:50 pm

So I finally "upgraded" from SonicDVD to Encore because my friends and I made an indie horror/thriller movie and we have after a year plus our distribution company has finally closed the deal with the buyer. Only one catch left they want to see it de-interlaced. Well, luckily I have magic bullet. Unfortunately, I've never used it on a project of this size. I ran the bullet on the final avi of the movie (which was about 16 GB). The final movie after rendering with the bullet was 150GB. Obviously this isn't going to fit on a dvd and is going to make encore go totally nuts if I even try to import the file much less transcode it. Any magic bullet/dvd authoring experts out there with a good idea for how I can magic bullet the movie and get it to fit on a regular dvd? How big of a file can I import into Encore and expect it to be able to transcode it enough to fit the dvd? Is there a better way to convert the file before bringing it into encore so that it will be high quality AND fit on the DVD? What's the best way to adjust the transcode settings to get encore to fit files on dvd?
Thanks,
mark

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Fitting files onto a DVD
on Sep 13, 2006 at 2:08:02 pm

Obviously this isn't going to fit on a dvd and is going to make encore go totally nuts if I even try to import the file much less transcode it.

Whatever would make you think that?

If your movie is 2 hrs or less, Encore will automatically transcode it to fit your project with very good to good quality. What format is the file in now?

Return to posts index

Mark Volzer
on Sep 13, 2006 at 11:54:21 pm

I'm outputting it from after effects as an avi, but it ends up being like 150 GB.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Sep 14, 2006 at 3:27:53 pm

Is it uncompressed? Not to worry, Encore will make it fit.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]