FORUMS: list search recent posts

New method for creating a slideshow in a timeline

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
FischTale
New method for creating a slideshow in a timeline
on Sep 11, 2006 at 6:07:14 pm

I have a project that I wanted to create a user-controlled slide show which featured animations created in AE. I searched here and found the two basic methods of still slideshows which involved either creating them in a timeline with long durations on the stills, or creaeting individual menus with hidden navigation buttons. Neither of those solutions was ideal for my needs so I tried something out and I THINK it may have worked. I haven't done extensive testing on this but I wanted to go ahead and post this idea to see if any of you could shoot holes in it.

I created my content in AE, but it could also be video if you want. I have a simple animation that transitions between still images. You start the slideshow by selecting the timeline from the main menu. After the first animation plays, there is a chapter point which I gave the end action "link back to here." There is another chapter point before the next transition in the video. This chapter point has no end action. After the first transition plays, the timeline just keeps looping itself on the few seconds of still video I have until I hit the next chapter button. When I do this, it goes to the chapter point right before the next transition. The transition plays and it hits the loop chapter point on the next still and the process is repeated. No matter when I hit the next chapter button while the video is looping, it always goes to the correct chapter point after the loop.

I hope that explanation made sense. It's a lot harder to explain than it is to do! This method is a lot simpler than creating individual menus, plus it gives the user absolute control with no worries of the slideshow advancing itself after a certain amount of time.

I'm going to go do some more testing. Let me know if you think there may be any problems with this method.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]