FORUMS: list search recent posts

dvd-r problem burning

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
donnabaran
dvd-r problem burning
on Sep 9, 2006 at 9:39:43 pm

Hi, I have Encore 1.5 and am having trouble burning blank dvd-r's. I did good with Matix +r's and then tried verbatim printable -r's. I had to make a master with the +r's and then make copies on the printables. I assumed it was because of being printable. Now I purchased Matrix -r's to make the masters and can't burn them either. I was able to use a -rw to make the master to finish this project but need to know if anyone else has this problem and if there is a fix that I can do. Thanks for your consideration.

Return to posts index

Neil Wilkes
Re: dvd-r problem burning
on Sep 14, 2006 at 10:08:38 am

I use Verbatim -R Printables all the time & have never yet had a problem at all.
You don't say what problem you are having though, or what error messages (if any) you are seeing?
Also - what speed are you trying to burn at?

Return to posts index

donnabaran
on Sep 14, 2006 at 3:33:39 pm

With the Matrix dvd-r: I have a choice of 4x, 6x, or 8x... I tried 4x and 8x.. error message:Device error - Sense code (30c0d) - write error- write (dvd error 199680)
With Verbatim dvd-r: I have only choice of 4x. error message: unknown error (dvd error 331778)
With Verbatim dvd-r printable: I have only choice of 4x. Error message: same as above.
I am able to burn a data disc on the matrix -r's so don't think it is the burner.
I got 5 samples of Optodisc dvd-rw 2x that I was able to use to finish that project. Only option was to write at 2x.
I must have tried 15 of the matrix,(opened another pac in case it was a bad batch of dvd's) 10 of the verbatim printables and 5 regular verbatim.
I understand that -r's are the best choice because they are most compatible with a variety of players.
Thank you for your time Neil...

Return to posts index

Neil Wilkes
on Sep 14, 2006 at 3:48:05 pm

Donna.
Sense code errors are Encore's way of telling you that all is not well, and that Encore cannot get exclusive access to the burner. This is usually caused by other applications preventing it, and Packet wroiting is the usual culprit (but not always).
Often these are triggered by having conflicting software on your system - either running at the time of the burn or else just there & installed.
Do you have any packet writing utilities installed - InCD, Direct To Disc, anything like that?
Or - even worse - Roxio applications of any description?
Anti-Virus software running?
Norton Utilities?
What else is running at the same time as your attempted burns? For verbatims to kak out on you, something is badly wrong.

Return to posts index

donnabaran
on Sep 14, 2006 at 8:35:17 pm

Hi Neil, I don't have any Roxio, or norton utilities. I have an anti virus but even tried burning with turning off everything I could on the right hand corner task bar. Also, don't have any of the other things you mentioned. I don't have alot of stuff on this computer as I use it mainly for working and have a networked computer that I use for email and stuff like that. I went and bought Verbatim +r and it burned right away, no problem. I also stopped and talked to the computer people that built my system and they also thought it might be a software issue so will have them check it out as I am afraid to delete anything that I didn't install myself. Thank you so much for your time as it steered me in the right direction. Thought I might be missing a setting in Encore or something. Donna

Return to posts index

Neil Wilkes
on Sep 15, 2006 at 8:39:29 am

Can you let us know what happens after your builders look at the machine?
If they cannot find anything, then there are still some other things to try here.
It is also a possibility that your burner doesn't like -R media as well.
+R media is by and large about equally as compatible with players as -R media these days, despite it being an "unofficial" format.
Main thing is that the verbatim +R work, and worked reliably.

Return to posts index

donnabaran
on Oct 2, 2006 at 1:53:59 pm

Neil,
Thank you for all your help. I have decided not to go ahead with my computer people looking at my problem as it would be pretty expensive and as long as the +r's are working I will work with that. I really think it is a software problem because my burner works with the -r's on other projects, like data and copying dvd's.
Thanks again for your help. Donna

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]