FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looping Menu with Video Buttons

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arlen Bell
Looping Menu with Video Buttons
on Aug 28, 2006 at 2:53:33 pm

Maybe I've missed this discussion somewhere, but I can't figure out if it's possible to get a smooth transition with the following intro/loop structure:

1. Menu Background appears
2. Titles animate on (After Effects layers)
3. Video buttons appear (not particular about this effect, but would be nice if they could slide on and fade in)
4. Video buttons animate with "poster framed" selections
5. Loop point set to after Titles appear so only the static title and the animated video buttons cycle.

How do I animate the buttons on screen before the loop point?
Do I have to put a still inside each video button for the before loop point and then pick up the regular poster frame motion menue at the loop point?
I've been trying to play around with this and am not getting good results.

Anyone doing this -- successfully in Encore? (1.5 or 2.0)

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Looping Menu with Video Buttons
on Aug 30, 2006 at 11:55:54 pm

You couldn't do all of this in Encore. Buttons with video thumbnails and Loop Point, yes- but not the rest.

Use After Effects or Premiere to create the video background in its entirety, export an AVI or MPEG-2, import it into Encore and then set is a background to a menu using Loop Point and subpicture layer-only buttons to put it all together.

Return to posts index

Arlen Bell
Re: Looping Menu with Video Buttons
on Sep 8, 2006 at 4:55:11 pm

Thanks for confirming my thoughts on this. I used to do it this way when I authored in Reel DVD. I was hoping that perhaps Encore had some feature that I hadn't discovered that could accomplish this. I like the ease of setting and being able to change the poster frame for the motion video buttons.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]