FORUMS: list search recent posts

PLEASE HELP WITH A DVD MASTER

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
weezhum
PLEASE HELP WITH A DVD MASTER
on Aug 24, 2006 at 8:42:07 pm

So i have put together a dvd for duplication.
It plays perfect but when i sent it to get duplicated they said they cant copy it. its a dvd+r and i didnt add any copyright protection. WE ARE MISSING OUR DEADLINE BECAUSE OF THIS. PLease HELP. If you help me i will be your best friend and send you a dvd.
thanks alot.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: PLEASE HELP WITH A DVD MASTER
on Aug 25, 2006 at 12:47:48 am

A DVD+R is not the proper mastering medium for what you are trying to do.

When you master a DVD with copy protection, you add the copy protection keys to the project settings, and then write the project to DLT tape, and send the tape to the replicator. Your replicator should know that it's not possible to add copy protection to a burned DVD. If they don't know that, you don't want to be dealing with them.

To sum up- it's not possible to write copy protection (CGMS CSS and/or Macrovision) to a burned DVD-Video disc. It can only be mastered to a DLT device. Sorry for the bad news, but maybe it actually helps.

Return to posts index

weezhum
on Aug 25, 2006 at 2:48:09 am

im not trying to copyright protect it.
they said they couldnt copy the dvd i sent them.
im wondering why.
was it because it was a dvd+
what did i do wrong?

Return to posts index

weezhum
on Aug 25, 2006 at 8:53:09 pm

NO HELP?????Ok well i burned it to a dvd-r hoping that was the problem.
Any feedback on that????

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Aug 25, 2006 at 10:26:07 pm

This is a question that should be answered by your replicator- if they accept DVD-R, then you should be all set. If not, you'll have to deliver them a DLT, or find a replicator that will accept DVD-R (most don't accept DVD+R).

Return to posts index

Neil Wilkes
on Sep 7, 2006 at 1:06:06 pm

I am actually VERY surprised that any reputable plant will accept a DVD9 for duplication (written copies) or replication (pressed copies) from a DVD+R DL disc.
It's not a proper DVD format, it was developed by the DVD Alliance, and is unofficial.
However - some very good firms (MediaMotion in Holland) can accept DVD+R DL discs but they do not like doing this.
Are you absolutely certain that the disc you sent them works? All the way through?
What brand did you send them - and for the love of all that is holy, please do not give any other answer than "Verbatim". ALL other +R DL brands are as good as useless, or so close to it there is no difference between them & a chocolate fireguard.
Also - I assume it was written as slowly as humanly possible?
The potential for errors on DL media is enormous.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]