FORUMS: list search recent posts

Device Error - Sense Code(3 72 01) - Session Fixation Error Writing Lead-In - Sequenctial Write (DVD Error 225793)

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tommmm
Device Error - Sense Code(3 72 01) - Session Fixation Error Writing Lead-In - Sequenctial Write (DVD Error 225793)
on Aug 21, 2006 at 9:52:44 pm

-------------
I get this error everytime I try to write to a Verbatim Dual Layer DVD+R. I purchased some Verbatim DL discs after recommendation from this forum. The first one started burning fine but stalled at around the 4GB mark. I couldn't cancel, close, or even open my DVD drive tray, so I had to kill it with Alt+Control+Delete and restart my PC. I have since tried on 3 more Verbatim discs and I get the above error everytime. What does that mean and how do I fix it?

I also noticed the first time when it successfully started burning, it gave me the option for different write speeds (8x, 2x, 1x, and some others). All the times now when it doesn't work it only listed 2.4x and nothing else.

Anyone have any ideas?

I am writing with a Phillips DVD8631 on a Dell.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Device Error - Sense Code(3 72 01) - Session Fixation Error Writing Lead-In - Sequenctial Write (DVD Error 225793)
on Aug 22, 2006 at 2:10:56 am

This is almost certainly the result of other software interfering with Encore and preventing it from getting exclusive access to your burner.

Check for Things and Software to Avoid in the linked Adobe Forum FAQ.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

tommmm
Re: Device Error - Sense Code(3 72 01) - Session Fixation Error Writing Lead-In - Sequenctial Write (DVD Error 225793)
on Aug 22, 2006 at 4:42:58 pm

I don't think it is. I have shut down every other process, only running Encore. Plus it appears to be tied specifically be this project. I opened another project and it burns fine on these Verbatim discs, but not this project.

Like I said, the first time I tried it started burning fine, then stalled and I had to kill Encore, restart to do anything, even open my cd drive. What could that have done to totally ruin my project for the 4th time?

Return to posts index

Mike Morahan
on Jun 5, 2009 at 12:48:05 pm

I too am facing this problem when trying to burn a Verbatim DVD+R DL using a Phillips
DVD 8631 on a Dell, and would be most grateful for any advice anyone is able to offer.

Regards, Mike.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jun 5, 2009 at 1:34:10 pm

Have you tried going to Dell and downloading the latest firmware update for the burner?

Return to posts index

Jim Shoemaker
on Jun 9, 2009 at 10:41:58 pm

I had the same error. I updated the firmware to the latest version and also recorded the DVD using a slow write speed (5X) and this solved the problem. Below is a troubleshooting link for this error.

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000056GN&PARAMS=set-locale=en

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]