FORUMS: list search recent posts

HUGE PROBLEM!!! "Unidentifiable Error" - Can't save or do anything.

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tommmm
HUGE PROBLEM!!! "Unidentifiable Error" - Can't save or do anything.
on Aug 15, 2006 at 1:09:11 am

So I was trying to burn a dual layer project. I forgot to switch the disc size to 8.54gb and I was in the middle of building the DVD. So I cancel it, switch to 8.54gb dual layer and now when I try to save the project it says "Unidentifiable Error". What the heck? I tried saving as a new name, same thing. I can still view all the files in Encore and the program is still running. I just can't save it, thus can't build the DVD. Why would it do this? Something similar happened before when I tried to open my Encore project, it wouldn't open and had a similar (although different, as it had an error #) error. I ultimately had to start from scratch. I"m afraid to close this project, as I am pretty sure it won't let me open it. What can do now?

Return to posts index

tommmm
Re: HUGE PROBLEM!!! "Unidentifiable Error" - Can't save or do anything.
on Aug 15, 2006 at 1:12:23 am

I tried switching the disc setting back to 4.7gb and no luck, same error. NOT GOOD!!! So many hours in this menu. Seems like encore is notorious for this type of errors where you have o start from friggen scratch. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Looks like it might be related to stopping the disc build in the middle of it.

Return to posts index

tommmm
on Aug 15, 2006 at 5:19:13 am

Ok, so I was blessed. I closed Encore and was able to reopen my menu successfully. WOW, what a relief!!!

Return to posts index

Neil Wilkes
on Aug 15, 2006 at 9:23:48 am

Good News.
Motto - ALWAYS run a project check before building a disc.
That would have picked this up immediately, as you should have got an error telling you there was too much in the project for the size of DVD selected. At least - this is what happens to me when I forget to make that change!!

Return to posts index

tommmm
on Aug 15, 2006 at 11:57:16 am

But the saga continues! That wasn't the end of it. Now when it's building the project everytime when it's transcoding it has an "Internal Error". And then when I try to save the project after this it has the good ol "Unidentifiable Error" so I have to close out the app and reopen the project. AAARRRGGG!!!! What would cause it to have an internal error when transcoding? It seems like its happening at the same point, so I am transcoding the files individually now until I find the culprit. Anyone know what could be causing this?

I'm losing faith in Encore quickly.....

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 15, 2006 at 2:19:50 pm

If I understand your previous posts correctly, the most important feature of your project, and the one that would be hardest to recreate, is your menu(s).

I suggest you add the menu to your Library and then start your project over. Don't delete the old project until you know that you've got everything you need from it. You'll be able to add the menu back to the new project from the Library.

I don't know exactly what's causing the transcoding error, but it's a sure bet something got messed up when you canceled the build.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

tommmm
on Aug 15, 2006 at 9:54:53 pm

It turned out to be an MP3 file. I deleted it, coverted to a WAV and it transcoded fine.

I've transcoded every file now except my main movie (67 minutes with two soundtracks). It was going along fine but the status bar hasn't moved in 2 hours. It has three bars left till it's complete, but it hasn't moved forever (it's been transcoding this file for 6 hours). Do they take alot long toward the end of transcoding or do you think it has stalled completely? The program hasn't locked up, I can still move the transcoding window around, everything seems fine there. Just don't know if it's sill making any progress. Also the folder that the project in hasn't increased in size at all in these two hours.

I need this done tonight to show in 4.5 hours. I'm torn, do I cancel it and hope it stalled and will transcode the second time within 4 hours or do I let it sit? Should it really be taking this long?

Return to posts index

Neil Wilkes
on Aug 16, 2006 at 2:50:02 pm

Don't panic - yet!
Is this an actual build attempt, or just a transcode?
If it's a build attempt, try reading this
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/329502.html

You are logged in as administrator, yes? not a limited user?

Return to posts index

tommmm
on Aug 16, 2006 at 5:45:08 pm

Well it went from bad to worse...AGAIN! I finally got everything transcoded but it wouldn't let me build the disc, it kept saying "DVD Error -1". I couldn't get that fixed, then all of the sudden it went to the dreaded Error -45013 which equals instant project death. So now I can't open my project, it says it's an invalid project file. So basically I have to start over from scratch AGAIN for the second time.

What the heck is up with encore, I've just about completely lost faith in this app. I don't even know how I am going to finish my project, it's always some error that ultimately ends up in having to start from scratch on the project. SOOOOO FRUSTERATING!

Return to posts index

Neil Wilkes
on Aug 16, 2006 at 7:27:02 pm

This is not what you want to hear, but I can assure you this is far fron normal.
I've been running EncoreDVD 2 successfully since it's release, and every issue I have had - with a couple of notable exceptions - have been successful. Additionally, most of my problems were my fault.
This issue you are having is truly an odd one, so I think we need to go back to basics & try to work out where the trouble lies.

So, can you answer a few tedious questions?
1 - What are your system specs?
2 - What video card are you using, and what are it's settings?
3 - What else is installed? (Help/System Info)
4 - When, exactly, does this last error occur?

Return to posts index

tommmm
on Aug 16, 2006 at 8:43:22 pm

I am running Encore 1.5 on a Dell with XP. The error occurs when I try to open the project now. Encore works fine on a small simple menu and I've had nothing but problems on bigger complex menus.

Return to posts index

tommmm
on Aug 17, 2006 at 10:11:07 pm

Well, I guess there are no end to the number of Encore errors. I have rebuilt my project from scratch for the third time, everything was going smoothly until this error during the burn process...

"Sorry, an abnormal condition has been detected. Before quitting, you have on chance to save your project (don't use the same name as the original)."

The status window behind it says...

Progress: Writing Files - Ejecting Disc
Data Written: 7.89GB of 7.89 GB
Time Remaining: 1 min 50 sec

What caused this?

Return to posts index

idiotbox
Re: HUGE PROBLEM!!! "abnormal condition"
on Sep 26, 2006 at 1:55:46 pm

I have exactly the same problem and have tried all the adobe "solutions" plus all the user responses i could find... anyone else out there fixed this one???

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]