FORUMS: list search recent posts

Such thing as a dummy Button or hotspot?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
R. D. Hamilton
Such thing as a dummy Button or hotspot?
on Aug 14, 2006 at 4:22:57 pm

I have a client who supplied all the menu artwork for the DVD I am creating. The menu constists of a list of chapter selection points in an instructional DVD. The buttons are basically just words. The highlight is a green dot that appears beside each word and is supposed to move to the other words when you are making the selection. Then it turns blue when pressed. The big problem is that he supplied all the words on one layer. Do I have to go and cut out and separate each word into a separate folder in photoshop? Or is there a way in Encore to create an invisible "hotspot" or dummy object over each word to allow the selecting?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

David Garrett
Re: Such thing as a dummy Button or hotspot?
on Aug 14, 2006 at 5:32:09 pm

the best way would be to open up the menu in photoshop and then select the "green dot highlight layer" (providing that it is in a (+)button layer) and then press CTRL+J the appropriate amount of times as there is text selections on the menu, this will give you copies of the highlight layer. Now all you need do is select each layer in turn and then move them to the corresponding menu selection text. also make sure you hide the (=1)highlight layer(unpoke the eyeball for this layer), and then save this out and re-import into Encore.

hope this helps

Return to posts index

R. D. Hamilton
on Aug 14, 2006 at 5:36:24 pm

Will this not just make the dot the hot area? it would be fine for a tv...but on a computer if you rolled over the text nothing would happen...you would have to roll over where the dot will appear?

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Aug 14, 2006 at 5:58:07 pm

sorry.. i must have misread your original post.. you could infact then make a regtangular layer over the text and then fill with a colour and then turn the opacity for this layer down to 0%, as long as this layer is in a button folder.

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Aug 14, 2006 at 6:18:08 pm

or you could just use any button from the Encore Library and then just hide all the layers and then go up to "edit menu colour sets" and ramp the opacity for the selected and activated states down to zero. You would have to be careful here so as you dont get what is known as "Button Overlap"

Return to posts index

R. D. Hamilton
on Aug 14, 2006 at 6:42:54 pm

Thank you very much for your help. I will try this out!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]