FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore transcoding question....

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tommmm
Encore transcoding question....
on Aug 13, 2006 at 8:20:03 pm

I have about 3 hours of video that I used encore to burn to a 4.7GB DVD. So I assume when it trancoded it, it compressed it alot and lost alot of quality to fit on a 4.7GB DVD. So when I do my final burn on a 8.whatever gig dual layer DVD, how do I get that original quality back? Do I have to manually re-transcode all the files? It is best to let encore automatically choose the transcode settings or should I set them manually and to what?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Encore transcoding question....
on Aug 13, 2006 at 8:34:56 pm

Right-click the asset in the Project panel and choose Revert to Original, or select the asset and choose File>Transcode>Revert to Original.

If you leave the transcode setting at Automatic, you will get better quality video when the asset is transcoded in a DL project.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

tommmm
on Aug 13, 2006 at 9:25:37 pm

So when I revert to original and re-transcode will encore delete or overwrite the old transcode files (not the original AVIs but whatever files it creates)? Or will I then have two sets of files?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 13, 2006 at 9:59:03 pm

Good question. I will check it out.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 13, 2006 at 11:06:56 pm

Tested in Encore 2.0: If you revert, then save your project and close Encore, the old transcode files will be gone.

Return to posts index

Neil Wilkes
on Aug 14, 2006 at 6:28:06 pm

But to be absolutely certain of no corruption, before you close out go to Edit/Preferences and then to the Audio/Video out section, and clean the media cache database.
If you're feeling truly paranoid, delete it.
Encore will rebuild next time you open the saved project.

Be careful with your layer breaks.

Return to posts index

tommmm
on Aug 15, 2006 at 12:41:25 am

Ok, so I did the Revert to Original on all previously transcoded files. I am now in the process of transcoding and burning to a 8.5GB dual layer disc. However Encore says "Data Written: 0.00kb of 4.38GB. Why is it saying the file size tota 4.38GB? I have about 3 hours of video on thi projct and my blank disc is over 8GB. Shouldn't it be near 8GB? It hasn't finished, so I don't know what the final say is. But it looks like it thinks its a 4.38GB regular dvd. Even though right above that it identifies the available media as 7.96GB. Why is it doing this?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 15, 2006 at 12:55:04 am

This is a silly question, but it has to be asked: Did you change your project settings to "8.54 GB dual layer"?

-Jeff

Return to posts index

tommmm
on Aug 15, 2006 at 1:05:07 am

That was probably it. I though it would do that automatically. I changed it now, but I have a HUGE problem now. It won't let me save the project and has an 'unidentifiable error' when I do. Did this before when trying to open a project and I had to start from scratch. This is not looking good. I'm gonna post a new topic on this with more info.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]