FORUMS: list search recent posts

Delayed Button Appearing

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Herrin
Delayed Button Appearing
on Aug 13, 2006 at 6:24:01 pm

I have an animated background that I want to have play for a few seconds before we see the buttons come up, is there a way to delay or fade up a button?
thanks
kevin

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Delayed Button Appearing
on Aug 13, 2006 at 6:36:11 pm

Yes, but not from within Encore.

Instead, you create your menu video background in After Effects or Premiere Pro, import and apply it to your menu, and then set the menu Loop Point timecode to when the buttons appear in your video background.

Return to posts index

Kevin Herrin
on Aug 13, 2006 at 6:55:59 pm

are the buttons built within the AE or PP2 video? If so how does Encore know its a button? I am also a little confused over the loop point. I have created a motion background and just let it loop the length of the clip. What benefit would I get from the loop point?
thanks again
kevin

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Aug 13, 2006 at 8:27:42 pm

The button graphical elements are made in Photoshop (you can also use pre-existing Encore menus), and then the layers are animated in AE or PPro. In Encore, you create subpicture-only buttons that overlay the menu with video background.

Return to posts index

moldvarpan
on Mar 24, 2007 at 11:18:09 pm

Maybe so. But to get your animation back into Encore from either After Effects or Premiere you have to export as AVI and that way you loose the layer recognition. So finally, you can't animate the buttons. Am I right or am I wrong?

Regards.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Mar 25, 2007 at 2:21:57 pm

You're wrong. See my other reply.

Return to posts index

Stephen Rutherford
on Feb 29, 2008 at 5:17:38 pm

Do you have more specifics on how to do this? I am having this issue now with Encore/After Effects CS3. I know I'm on the cusp of a breakthrough, but it's eluding me...

Stephen Rutherford

Graphics Producer: Gale Force Media, CanesVision & Wolfpack TV

stephenr@carolinahurricanes.com

CAROLINA HURRICANES: 2006 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]