FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playback issues in a Samsung Home Theater Progressive Scan DVD player

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vickimoroughan
Playback issues in a Samsung Home Theater Progressive Scan DVD player
on Aug 10, 2006 at 2:26:02 pm

I made a DVD project in Encore 2.0 and burned to a 16X Taiyo Yuden DVD-R at a burn speed of 4X on a Primera Duplicator. I have encoded the footage at VBR high-quality 2-pass at bitrates of 4Mb, max 6 Mb and at max 7 Mb. I have tested the finished DVD's on three different DVD set top players and in 7 DVD-ROM players without any technical issues.

The problem is when the client plays the DVD's in her Samsung Home Theater Progressive Scan DVD Player (I don't have this type of player). She is unable to view the entire footage without pausing and locking up. Does the issue have to do with the fact that her player is a progressive scan player? I did not encode the footage with the Encore Progressive Scan preset.

Does anyone have an idea of what I need to change?
Thank you very much,
Vicki

Vicki Moroughan

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Playback issues in a Samsung Home Theater Progressive Scan DVD player
on Aug 10, 2006 at 3:04:35 pm

[vickimoroughan] "She is unable to view the entire footage without pausing and locking up. Does the issue have to do with the fact that her player is a progressive scan player?"

Almost certainly this is *not* the issue. A progressive-scan DVD player internally de-interlaces the video and sends it to the component outputs. A standard DVD player sends the video directly to the composite and/or S-video outputs.

Media and burn speed are also good, so maybe a dirty disc? How old is her player? Can her player read other burned discs (from any source)?

I don't think you need to change anything in your authoring unless the disc is completely full. It's harder for some players to read completely full burned discs. In that case you may want to consider a dual-layer project. Currrently, Encore only supports +R DL discs. For -R DL discs, you would need to create a disc image and then use a third-party burning app like Gear Pro to burn to DVD-R DL.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]