FORUMS: list search recent posts

Safe Area and Televisions issue

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xyliana
Safe Area and Televisions issue
on Aug 10, 2006 at 12:19:44 pm

I am having a problem.

I am using Adobe Media Encoder exporting on Premiere to transcode my files. Then taking those m2v into Encoder and building my DVD in standard PAL size.

When I play the dvd the m2v (movie) files in my DVD play but run off the sides of the tv, well atleast the old tv and dvd player I am using. On a pc the dvd looks fine but on this certain tv it is stretched and runs over the sizes.

So problem one is that I am using a crap tv and dvd player but normally do you have to add these black edges or do dvds usually just work in dvd players for everyone else without cropping and changing size.

Do newer dvd players fix this problem? I tried taking in the magnification on premiere into the safe zones but then the quality suffers so much.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Safe Area and Televisions issue
on Aug 10, 2006 at 4:18:01 pm

TV sets overscan the video signal- not DVD players- resulting in cropping of the outer 10-20% of the image. There is nothing you (or Hollywood studios releasing DVDs) can do to change this behavior.

Prudent practice is to frame video for action-safe, and titles for title-safe. There's nothing else that can be done.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]